Chapter 20

So, there were ten kids to watch which was... fine- for Levy.

Levy thought Angeles might actually combust where he stood as the nice old ladies introduced every one of the children, ages ranging from four to twelve.

Some of the kids looked disinterested at what was going on, even looking downright displeased with the idea of leaving the area, while others were in awe that they were mages from Fairy Tail. This one girl, Amelia if Levy remembered correctly, just stood in front of Angeles, staring up at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Angeles looked down at her, an eyebrow raised.

"You have pwetty eyes," The young girl said honestly, a bit of a lisp in her voice.

"... Thank you."

Levy and Angeles were tasked with watching the ten kids at Fairy Tail for about a day and a half while the tiny orphanage was getting remodeled. They already had a bag packed for each kid, tiny rolling suitcases that were brightly colored and covered in stickers, and Levy resisted the urge to coo at the sight.

Angeles gave a put upon sigh as some of the kids began asking question after question as they walked outside, though some of the older ones kept to themselves. One in particular looked unimpressed by them both, scoffing as Levy talked about some of the people in Fairy Tail.

"Get in." Angeles gestured to the fairly large magical vehicle they were able to rent. "Anyone that doesn't in the next five seconds gets run over."

"Angeles!" Levy exclaimed, scandalized, but the children just giggled and got in while the old ladies were too far away to hear. Even the kid from earlier cracked a smile, getting in to sit at the most secluded place near the driver's seat.

"Right then." Angeles strapped his arms into the magical harness for the vehicle, taking a deep breath as he prepared himself to use his magic. Things like that were always iffy when one remembered his lacrima.

The kid from earlier poked his head out to look at Angeles, his black mop of curly hair falling into his eyes. "Can't drive, old man?"

Angeles snapped his head over to look at the kid, eyes narrowing at the mischievous grin on the kid's face. The kid tried for an innocent look, playing up the baby face qualities, but the mage knew better. "You're cute but I'll kill ya."

"I'm Kai. What's your name?"

"No."

Kai's nose scrunched up as he made a confused face. "No? No to what?"

"No."

"Don't you have a name?"

Angeles started the magical vehicle. "Don't you have someone else to bother?"

The twelve year-old leaned out further, dark eyes peering up at the man's face. "Come on, tell me your name!"

The mage didn't say anything as he abruptly jerked the car forward, causing Kai to fall back down into his seat.

Kai crossed his arms, throwing his legs up on the empty seat across from him. "I just want to know your name!" He complained the man, ignoring the other kids' curious looks.

"... Why."

The dark-haired boy peeked his head out once more, looking around for a bit before crawling out to sit at the passenger's seat. "I dunno, you seem weird. What's your name? How old are you? Are you really from Fairy Tail?"

"Put your seatbelt on before I push you out myself."

Kai pouted but did as he was told. "Well, what can I call you? Can I call you big brother?"