꧁1꧂

Leta Lestrange sat alone on the Hogwarts Express, her legs up on the seat and her head leaning against the wall

Leta Lestrange sat alone on the Hogwarts Express, her legs up on the seat and her head leaning against the wall. Her brown hair was pushed behind her shoulders and her deep amber eyes darted around the station at parents sending their children on their way.

She usually sat with her older sister, Minette, however, she had been awarded Head Girl and had to sit in the front compartment of the train.

The ruby train let out a huge cloud of smoke which filled the station and left, the parents waving goodbye.

Leta looked over at her compartment door which slid open, the sound of snickering flooding in. A boy with raven black hair and dark brown eyes looked at her with a mischievous smirk as he leaned on the door.

Behind him was a tall boy with chestnut, slightly curly hair who looked like he just wanted to leave. Beside him was another tallboy with messy hair, circular glasses, and the same smirk. Leta didn't notice the fourth boy until the tall one took a step to the side.

"Black." She said sternly, one of her eyebrows raised as she turned herself so the back of her head hit the wall.

"Lestrange." He replied, spitting her name which made the short boy flinch slightly. The other boys looked at him, not knowing who this girl was.

"Who is she?" The short boy whispered but he spoke loud enough for Leta to hear and let out a small snicker, which made the other boys scowl.

"Leta Lestrange. The sarcastic, bitchy Slytherin." At the mention of this nickname, which made been graciously been given in her third year, she took out a small badge that had the words 'sarcastic, bitchy Slytherin' in gold font. She proudly pinned it onto her shirt and wore a proud and confident but also forced smile.

"Wasn't there another Leta Lestrange?" The tall boy asked, quietly again but Leta was still
able to hear his question.

"Yes, and she has the same name as me so she was a badass." She replied making the boys all look at her, all scowling but the tall one who opened his mouth for a question but was interrupted by the messy-haired one.

"Didn't she kill her baby brother?" He asked slyly, looking at Leta who rolled her eyes as Sirius snickered.

"But, if I recall correctly, she fought Grindelwald." She quickly replied, getting slightly annoyed because that was the only fact they knew about her.

"But she died so she wasn't that badass," Sirius added with a smug look on his face which made the messy-haired boys snicker and hit his arm playfully.

"Aren't your parents cousins?" She asked, raising her eyebrows and pretending to put on a sympathetic look when he stuttered to answer, then bursting out laughing when he stormed off, however, the messy-haired boy had disappeared. Before the boys were completely out of sight she asked,

"Where did that glasses one go?" This question made the short boy and the tall one snicker but Sirius scowl and continued stomping off.

                                        ༒
She shook it off and went back to looking out the window, watching as the hills rolled by. She tapped on the small table which folded under the window and placed her book on there. She began flipping through the pages of the compact poetry book, running her finger under each word.

She then began drumming her finger on the wall of the compartment, humming as she flicked through the book. She took a quick glance up from the book to see the chocolate frog wrapper she had bought earlier was moving slightly.

Leta had blackmail on almost everyone, including the Professors, and she had heard about James's midnight wanders with a rare invisibility cloak his father gave him.

So, with all her strength, she kicked at the seat opposite her, biting her bottom lip in concentration. "Ow!" James exclaimed, pulling the cloak off revealing the messy-haired boy who rubbed his left leg, almost howling in pain.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She asked him, her eyebrows furrowed and she slammed her book beside her and watched as the boy took deep exhales.

"What does it look like?" He asked in a cocky tone as he shook his leg which made him flinch with pain, Leta swore she saw his eyes go red and the corner of his eyes go glassy as if he was about to cry.

"Being a creep." She replied, crossing her arms as she leaned back in her chair. James then got up, the cloak under his arms as he made his way to the door and slid it open. "By any chance did Sirius make you spy on me?" She asked the boy making him pause at the door, his hand still on the handle.

He looked back and nodded as he chuckled, stepping out of the compartment but just before leaving he popped his head back in. "Your good." He smirked which Leta responded with a shrug.

"At being a being a bitch." He muttered to himself as he walked away which was loud enough for Leta to hear but she decided he was not worth her time, after all, he was a sad, sad boy who followed Sirius's orders like a show dog, such as creeping on a girl he barely knew.

"Creepy." She muttered as she watched him walk away, she put her feet up where he used to be and sat there in silence. She then got up after deciding to get changed into her uniform.

Leta jumped into one of the black carriages which took her to the castle, which stood proudly on a hill.

She got out of the carriage and made her way to the Great Hall, sitting down at the Slytherin table, smiling slightly as a couple of younger years moved to not stand or sit near her.

The empty seats around her were now filled with the Gang of Slytherins who were in their last few years of Hogwarts, thankfully for all the students they terrorised.

They often talked to her or knew of her because of her cousin who was Rodolphus Lestrange and now he married Bellatrix Black making her  Leta's cousin-in-law.

She sat there awkwardly, fiddling with her silver earring as Evan Rosier got closer to her. "So what did you do this summer, Lestrange?" He asked, reaching over for a piece of bread which was beside Leta and moving back, making her let out a sigh of relief.

She finally took notice that he asked her a question and quickly swallowed the food which she had in her mouth. "Nothing really."

"You were looking for your brother again." He said, resting his head in his hands and looking at the girl who slowly nodded. "You haven't found him for years."

"But I won't stop until I have found him."