Kylian, meet your...

I'm planning to make instagram for books and fanfictions.. should I do it??

Maya sat at her desk, looking at the two people standing in front of her. On one side was Kylian Mbappé, the talented football player she managed, and on the other side was Lauren, Philippe's new model client. Maya was known for being strict as a football manager, and now she found herself facing an unexpected situation. Philippe wanted them to collaborate, but Mbappé wasn't interested.

"Maya, I understand your concerns, but please listen," Philippe said, trying to convince her. "This collaboration between Kylian and Lauren can really help both of their careers. As you said, everyone thinks..." he made a pause "well that he is a player" he whispered "and sometimes that isn't the best thing to presente, and we want to make him as likable as we can."

Maya crossed her arms, her expression serious. "Philippe, I was all about it, but if that is not something he has agreed to deal with, I can't really do anything about it."

Philippe  sighed. "But his collaboration could be a great opportunity for both of them. I understand that Kylian might have doubts, but sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zones to achieve success."

Philippe was really into that. This is his second time doing fake relationships and first time he made a lot of money. Money wasn't his prior, but making himself as famous manager was his number one goal.

Kylian, who had been quiet, finally spoke up. "Maya, je n'aime pas l'idée d'une "fausse relation". Je me suis toujours concentré sur le football et je ne veux pas qu'une nana au hasard me distrait (Maya, I don't like idea of a "fake relationship". My focus has always been on football, and I don't want some random chick to distract me)."

Maya nodded, "Kylian, What did I tell you about speaking french in front of non-french people?  Second, she isn't "chick" she is here to be treated with respect as I always say, stop acting like people are under you, you are on the same level as everyone else. And third, as your manager, my job is to make sure your career goes in the right direction. However, there are times when we have to consider opportunities that can make your brand beyond football."

"Miss Serewie, I understand the importance of respect. I would never want to do anything that could harm your success. I mean, I personally wasn't for that either but Philippe had too many good reasons for me to say yes. But, If it is against your will, it is okay."

Kylian rolled his eyes. What type of nerd-licking-butt is he stuck with?

Maya leaned forward, looking at Mbappé. "Kylian, I understand your worries, but please think about the bigger picture. This could open doors for you in the entertainment world and allow you to have a bigger impact. It's a chance that not many athletes get."

He finally sighed, "If you think this collaboration is the right step for my career, then I'm willing to give it a try."

"They will give you some lists and suggestions of when to go out and what to do..." Philippe was explaining the plan in detail and Maya interrupted him "And Kylian, you are not allowed to bring any girls home or been seen with them. "

"Putain, qui a inventé ça ?" (The fuck, who made that rule?)

"Watch your language." said Maya. He shutted up immediately. 

Maya was strict. So when she said something, its like that and nothing else. At the same time she was really fair and successful. She made 8 players sign best clubs, the best nutritionists, best stylists, best private trainers and everything. 

As they were going outside of her office after meeting, they saw her.

Alisson. 

She was standing outside the office building, nervously tapping her foot on the pavement. She had been waiting for Kylian to finish his meeting with miss Serewie, his manager. They had plans to meet for lunch, but now she grew impatient.

Kylian came out, a smile forming on his face as he saw Alisson. But before he could reach her, Maya stopped him, her voice serious.

"Kylian, we talked about this things. I'm afraid you can't go for lunch with Alisson today," Maya said firmly.

Confusion appeared on Mbappé's face as he turned to Maya. "But, I made plans with Alisson. We were going to have lunch together. Can't I take a break?"

Maya looked at Mbappé, her gaze steady. "I understand your plans, but we have to discuss about the collaboration with Lauren. It's important to prioritize your career right now."

Alisson, sensing the tension, approached them cautiously. "Que se passe-t-il ? Pourquoi ne pouvons-nous pas déjeuner comme prévu ?"( What's happening? Why can't we have lunch as we planned?")

Mbappé sighed, frustration visible in his expression. He looked at Alisson with a mixture of apology and helplessness. "Maya pense qu'il vaut mieux que je reste et que je continue la discussion sur la collaboration. C'est important pour ma carrière, mais je ne suis pas d'accord avec ça" ( Maya thinks it's best if I stay and continue the discussion about the collaboration. It's important for my career, but I don't agree with it.")

Alissa furrowed her brow, disappointment is in her eyes. "Mais, je pensais qu'on pourrait passer du temps ensemble. Tu me manques, et on se voit à peine avec ton emploi du temps chargé." (But, I thought we could spend some time together. I miss you, and we hardly get to see each other with your busy schedule.")

Maya spoke up before Mbappé could respond. "Je dois prendre des décisions qui profiteront à sa carrière à long terme. Cette collaboration est une opportunité et nous ne pouvons nous permettre aucune distraction." (I have to make decisions that will benefit his career in the long run. This collaboration is a opportunity, and we can't afford any distractions.")

He turned to Alisson, his voice filled with regret. "Je suis désolé.. J'aimerais pouvoir passer du temps avec toi, mais la décision de Maya demeure. Je dois prioriser ma carrière en ce moment. (I'm sorry.. I wish I could spend time with you, but Maya's decision stands. I have to prioritize my career right now)."

Alissa nodded. This is the fifth time of him prioritazing his career over his best friend. The "prioritazing" with Maya always means the same,  it is going to be 1-3 months of work, sleep, eat and repeat process until he gave her something she wants. Last time it was instagram following, before that was world cup preperation, before that was club transporatation, then it was getting rid of fizzy drinks.. something else everytime. 

"Je comprends. Sache juste que c'est dur pour moi aussi. Mais si tu penses que c'est mieux, alors je respecterai ta décision. (I understand. Just know that it's hard for me too. But if you think it's best, then I'll respect your decision.)"

As they shared a bittersweet moment, Maya watched, her expression unchanged. She knew the impact her decision had on Mbappé and Alisson, but she firmly believed it was necessary for his career growth.