Chapter 72

Isabelle's POV

"What the fuck do you want now?" Zayn asked harsh, while I was just standing up straight behind him, shaking like hell.

Though, Peter's eyes were all the time on me, he never looked at Zayn. And this thing, like always, made me feel so inferior to him, like he could destroy me in one second. Which was true, actually. I knew I was the one he wanted, not Zayn. I was the one he wanted to make pay.

"Well I just wanted to have a talk with you guys." Peter answered with a shrug. "How funny that we always meet on the street, huh?"

Just like I did some weeks ago when we met Peter at the cinema, I grabbed Zayn's left hand, interlocking our fingers. I was scared, I guess it's obvious. Peter was crazy, literally crazy. The fact that we were face to face with him, away from the bodyguards who could keep him away, horrified me.

I looked around us, hoping to see someone, to feel at least relieved that he won't do something stupid, something that maybe, he'll regret later. Although, no one was around us. How on earth was that even possible? In the middle of the day, in front of a market, in one of the biggest cities in the world....and not a single person around.

"You should go." Zayn said, as calm as he could be in that moment.

"Why would I?" Peter questioned. "I'm friendly..."

"Seriously dude, just fuck off!" Zayn lost himself now, and yelled at him.

And that was the moment when Peter changed his mood. Even if I was behind Zayn, I still noticed how his eyes went to a dark colour, almost black. He furrowed his eyes, and for the first time that day, he stared straight into Zayn's eyes.

Both of them were angry. Peter was all red, while I could feel Zayn's hand getting sweaty. I was still looking around, but no one, literally no one was around. It was obvious the Universe was against us that day.

"You're pissing me off bad boy." Peter said. Surprisingly, his tone was calm now, but that didn't fool me. At the same time, his tone spread anger, and it only made me feel even more inferior, made me fear more. "Take this as an advice, and shut the fuck up."

"What if I don't want to?" Zayn asked, letting go of my hand. He took a step closer to him, making me gasp.

I was just standing there, watching as Zayn got closer to Peter.

And then, I saw how Peter pulled out a black gun, holding it with his right hand. Zayn stopped shocked, while I brought my hands to my mouth, as shocked as Zayn was. I started shaking more, my knees going weak in one second.

Zayn was like...two feet away from Peter, and if he had been taken a step closer, the gun would've touched his chest.

How could that happen? How comes that not a single person was around that day?

I wanted to do something to help Zayn, to make Peter stop. That's why, I slowly let my hands down, and tried to pull out my phone from my pocket, to call someone.

But I didn't succeed, because Peter saw me.

"Don't do that Isabelle!" he yelled, making me jump at his reaction. "Don't you dare call the police!"

Zayn turned his head to look at me then, and I raised my shaky hands up in defense, letting Peter know I won't do anything stupid. I couldn't read Zayn in that moment. Though, his eyes begged me not to move, or do something stupid.

"Speaking about the police..." Peter spoke, making Zayn and I turn our attention to him. "You put it on my ass again, and I don't like that!"

"You deserve it." Zayn answered. "You set s fucking fire at Isabelle's work, you tried to kill her! You deserve more than a fucking police on your ass!"