꧁2꧂

Leta sat alone in the Slytherin common room, the green lamps making her face a dark lime shade

Leta sat alone in the Slytherin common room, the green lamps making her face a dark lime shade. She scanned the room, inspecting each tapestry on the wall closely.

"Leta?" She looked over in the direction of her name being called to see a boy, not that much taller than her with sunken cheeks and raven hair.

"Regulus." She replied, getting up from the sofa and wrapping her arms around the boy, and hugging him tightly.

Regulus was like another brother Leta, just a shame his actual brother was a dickhead. She had always preferred Regulus over Sirius since they first met them, especially if now Sirius was now known as a blood-traitor and she would be disgraced for even talking to him.

Leta had never fully agreed with blood purity and thought it was stupid and even hanging out with Sirius would have her disowned from the family. So she never went against them knowing they showed no mercy which she had seen with her brother.

"How are you?" She asked him, finally letting go of him and sitting down on the arm of a chair. The boy took a deep breath and let out a loud gulp.

"Sirius got kicked out over the summer. They burned his face off of the family tree." His voice was shaky and his eyes became glassy. Leta quickly got up and comforted the boy, whispering in his ear and rubbing his back.

She hated Sirius but she knew Regulus loved him and she knew exactly how he felt, she knew how hard it was and how she struggled to sleep for nights afterward.

A tall, blonde girl with a thin face and a 'Prefect' badge walked in, her arrogance filling the room. Narcissa Black, most probably soon a Malfoy, was bitter about Minette taking her place as 'Head Girl' so she took it out in everyone she met.

"You're not crying about that Blood-traitor?" She asked slyly with an evil smirk on her face, her hands resting on her hips. "He is nothing to cry about-"

Regulus got out of his wand and pointed at her making her widened her eyes but Leta pushed down on the wand. Regulus looked at her as she shook her head at him making him put it away.

She then wrapped her arm around his shoulder and walked him out, taking him down to the Quidditch pitch which she knew he loved.

They got down and Leta waited in the Slytherin changing rooms as Regulus fetched his broom and jersey. As Leta waited she noticed a rusty locker that was slightly open.

Curiosity got the better of her and she got up slowly made her way to the locker and began pulling on the door. At first, the door didn't open but as she used more force, it swung into the wall revealing an empty and dusty locker with a Slytherin jersey that hung on a hanger.

Carefully, she pulled it off the hanger and held it up, blowing on the fabric to get rid of the dust and cobwebs. The front was the same Slytherin Quidditch jersey as Regulus but when she turned it around, she took in a sharp and sudden inhale.

On the back was a large '1' and 'Lestrange' in silver words which made Leta's eye flood with tears and she struggled to hold them back but she succeeded. She shook the jersey then slipped it over her uniform, the arms so long they covered her hands.

Regulus came back, a broom in his hand and his jersey on, there was a smile on his face but his eyes were still red. Leta followed him out and sat down in the stands, laughing as Regulus flew around the pitch, his hands in the air as his long hair blew around majestically.

"I swear! When I get my hands on Snivellus-" Regulus stopped flying and began slowly lowering to the ground, both looking at each other than the figures who walked toward the pitch. "Great," She muttered to herself, her tongue swirling in her mouth as she forcefully got up and began to walk down to Regulus.

"Regulus?" Sirius asked, turning from his friend to his brother with a small smile. "Oh, you." He said, the smile disappearing from his face when Leta walked up behind him.

"Nice to see you too Sirius." She replied sarcastically, pushing her dark hair which fell in her face. Regulus put his arm around her, beginning to walk away but Leta refused to move.

"What do you think you're doing here?" James asked which finally made her realise he was also in a Quidditch jersey and a broom in his hand. Leta rolled her eyes at the boy's question.

"I think it's better to ask you that question." She replied, ignoring Regulus who continuously tutted and urged her to leave. "I'm doing Quidditch practice." He said, also ignoring Remus who was telling him to just leave.

"So is Reg." She said, biting the corner of her bottom lip in frustration as James got closer. "And your cheering on your boyfriend." He teased, looking down at the girl with a smirk that got on Leta's nerves.

Quickly, she kicked his knee making him bend down in pain, making him hold onto his knee as Leta grabbed the neck of his shirt and pulled him close to her face. At first, his breath was shaky but then he smirked at the girl whose eyebrows furrowed and face go red with anger.

Taking advantage of the situation, and thinking it would embarrass her, he pouted his lips and leaned in. He was surprised when his lips did not meet her but her fist which made him toppled back, holding onto his bleeding lip.

Sirius stormed towards her, his fist clenched, Remus running after him in an attempted to stop him. "You good for nothing little-"

"Oscausi." Her spell hit Sirius making his mouth disappear and cover in skin like it wasn't there, muting him even though his jaw continuously moved.

The short boy, Peter, ran towards her in more of a limp but was stopped when she shouted "Petrificus Totalus!" making him freeze in place and fall on the floor, his arms stuck together.

James wiggles his jaw then clenched it making him flinch in pain. He also made his way to Leta who lifted up her wand but was stopped by Regulus who ran up behind her and grabbed her arms together, snatching to wand off her and putting it in his pocket.

Remus unfroze Peter and gave Sirius his mouth back. "How dare you-" Remus flicked his wand again, making his lips disappear again. "I regret doing that." He muttered which made Leta let out a small chuckle.

The three boys squinted at her, all of their fists clenched which Leta noticed. "You wouldn't hit a girl. That's not very gentleman-like." She snickered, amusing herself with her snarky comment. "You wouldn't want Lily thinking your not."

"I think we should go," Regulus suggested, grabbing Leta's arm and pulling her away and back towards the school, not looking behind him.