Supplemental Income (part 1)

It was dark outside when you eventually came to. Was it really that early in the morning? Or had you just woken up late at night? You groggily scratch your head as you ponder this. Well, you thought, it was most likely the latter since you passed out pretty early yesterday—

You froze, eyes widening.

Yesterday...that's right. Me and Hisoka, we...

You felt your cheeks grow hot, and you wrapped your arms around yourself in embarrassment, which didn't actually help because it only made you realize that you weren't actually wearing any clothes under your blanket. Like at all.

Giving up and letting loose a sigh, you reach for your 256GB Graphite iPhone 12 Pro to see exactly what time of day or night it was only to find that the device was dead. You cursed yourself for not having plugged in the phone yesterday when you had the chance, but given all the insane shit that had happened to you over the course of the past few days, you couldn't really blame yourself.

Ah well, you thought as you plugged that bitch in, no use getting worked up over it now. I've got bigger fish to fry, like taking another shower. And with that, you slid out of your bed, turned on your bedroom light, and made towards your bathroom for yet another shower.

Once again, the hot water felt good on your grimey skin. You didn't realize just how sore you were until you started scrubbing away yesterday's filth which, god, you still couldn't believe that happened. Even though it quite literally happened, it still didn't feel real.

You shut the water off about 16 and a half minutes later and hopped outta the shower. I mean...was it even real? Like, did THAT actually happen? Or was it just a very...realistic dream? You dried your hair and body off fairly quickly, pausing briefly at the sight of your blurry reflection in your foggy mirror.

Well, you thought as you returned to your bedroom nakedly, grabbing your now-functional phone off the nightstand. Only one way to find out for sure. The screen lit up; the time was 2:13am. Not too late, and not too early.

Well. Okay, that's pretty late. But whatever that's not important.

You scrolled past the dozens of unread group chat notifications in your messages app and tapped on the conversation with Hisoka:

2:14am

--hey are you up? i feel like im going insane rn

You plopped down on your bed, satisfied. Yeah, that was totally a good way to start a new conversation with some guy you just hooked up with the night before. But Hisoka wasn't just 'some guy'...right?

Wait, what? What did that even mean?

Thankfully before you could overthink things further, your phone buzzed in your hand:

--Ah, Y/N~! You could barely keep your eyes open when I last saw you~ What are you doing up at this hour?

You felt your cheeks heat up again, but you roll your eyes and text him back:

--did we fuck last night?

You stared at the screen for what felt like hours waiting for a response (in reality only about thirty seconds had passed, but you know how it goes when you're staring at your phone waiting for a text back from someone and it feels like you're waiting forever for that bitch to come in. anyway), nearly jumping when your phone buzzed again:

--My, what crude language, Y/N~! But yes, indeed we did

You blinked, then felt relief wash over your body. At least you were certain of it now!

...But now what?

Well. You figured you'd better not leave him on read:

--okay. okay yeah thats what i thought. cool. thanks. anyway uhh what are you up to this late?

--Me~? I was actually getting ready to...start my second job.

--your second job?? please elaborate

You raised a brow. What kind of work could he even be starting at this hour anyway?

--You know, I could actually use another set of hands tonight~ You don't live too far from my place. Care to join me?

You felt your face heat up again. What the hell did he mean when he said he could use another set of hands?! And he didn't even elaborate on what all this "second job" entailed, either! What they hell makes him think I'll come over and help him with this sketchy mystery job in the middle of the night?! Well...even though it was late, you were wide awake and it wasn't like you were doing anything else, either...

You slapped yourself suddenly. What's gotten into me? Why am I even entertaining this? Before you could mentally berate yourself further, you got yet another text from him:

--I'll take that as a yes~! I'll send you my addy. Come by ASAP, okay~? I'd hate to keep myno, our fans waiting~.

The immediate next message was his home address. You plugged it into your maps app and, holy shit, he really did live nearby. You paused for a moment. This was a little sketchy...that much, you couldn't deny. But at the same time, your curiosity had been piqued! What did Hisoka do on the side for money? I mean, I'm sure I can assume what he does...but what if it's something totally different?

If your previous night's activities were at all indicative of what his other job might be, then this could absolutely be interesting. And in front of his "fans", no less...

--alright i'll head over soon

a/n: man i just tried to have fun with this one. what do yall think his little second job is?  also 1st commenter whoever u are please pick a number between 13 and 20 c: thanks