Rescue

Heyo sorry for not updating in a long time, those chapters are really long to write even if it may not seem like it lol.

 I'll try updating at least once a week, i'll TRY. 

Anyway i hope you enjoy this chapter cya later 

___________________

How? its impossible... was it an hallucination? The weather probably played tricks on my brain... I stood there, in the snow, my eyes stuck to the body ahead of me. Chills were sent down my spine as i fought back tears. 'There is only one way to find out if its real' i told myself out loud. I stepped closer and closer to the inert body, every step i took scared me; did i wanted it to turn out as a mirage? or would i rather have her cold and lifeless body in my arms one last time?

My heart beat fast and my vision was blurred by the tears ive always refused to show. I was now close. I lifted my hand towards her cheek, turned my head away and tightly closed my eyes. Should I wish for it to be real? or for it to be only a piece of my mind playing tricks ? Well im about to find out... my heart was now pumping in and out of my chest, the blood vesels in my hand weren't even cold anymore, they were just waiting stressfully.

I took a deep breath and finally ordered my fingers to touch and find out. CONTACT.

I quickly looked up see my hand resting peacefully on her cheek and gently passed it through her hair. I couln't contain my tears anymore. I sat down in the snow, hands on my eyes, partly laughing but in the end, i was releived that this wasn't an hallucination. I quickly got back up when i remembered the snow around us and how she could be in hypothermia right now, instantly feeling guilty.

I checked her heartbeat, it was slow and calm. She was still here! she didn't leave me! I took her chains off with ease, probably beacause of the frost. She then fell in my arms, unconsious and frozen. She looked angelic despite her pale face.

'Hey its alright love' i whispered to her, even knowing that she couldn't hear me 'no one is going to hurt you now. You're safe. I won't let anything happen to you again, i promise'

~ A few hours later ~

I watched the flames tenderly dancing on her face, her traits were relaxed and her eyes closed. My white suit was wrapped around her naked body and her old clothes were drying next to the fire. Who would have thought someone looking that peaceful now, probably went through the worst before? I don't even want to imagine what they did to her and why would they do it. Just look at her, she looks so fragile, so tiny... Who would have the cowardness to hurt her, who on earth could do that?

When i undressed her a few hours ago, I couldn't help but to stare; her body was filled with recent and old whip marks, or at least i supposed they were, a few places were burnt and there were a lot of scratches all around her body. All of this made me bitterly regret not being able to save her sooner, or at least to suffer with her, so she didn't feel like i abandonned her. But anyway, let me not fall into that again, she is here now and thats all that counts.

Her blond hair was messy, her lips were light pink and her skin was of a whitey light blue. She was still perfect to me. You could almost think that she was sleeping, with no troubles in her mind, as if she was living a normal life, just on a camping trip with her girlfriend. That thought made me giggle. if two months ago someone had told me that all of this would happen, i'd probably just laugh at them and walk away, thinking they were on some hard shit. But after all, wouldn't we all do the same ?

I didn't know a lot about hypothermia, i just knew i had to warm her body up slowly, so it doesn't cause a shock. I was really cold now that she had my suit, but i didn't care; I found her again, she was right next to me, she wasn't an illusion or a wished thought my mind had made up. She was alive! Soon enough I'll be able to hold her in my arms again, to feel her skin on mine, to hear her voice that i so much missed, to laugh with her, to watch her smile radiating her face, to feel her lips against mine and to never leave her side again.