Chapter 25: Bad News

It's been 2 weeks since Sasuke left the village but things with Neji were going well. He had been staying with y/n for the past weeks to keep her company.

"Good morning sleepy head." Neji came in and swooped y/n up in his arms, gently placing a kiss on her forehead. She groaned because she was still half asleep.

"Wake up princess." he said, rubbing his nose on hers, giving her a little nose kiss. She giggled and gently opened her eyes.

"Hmm?" she said.

"We got to get to training or Guy sensei is going to make us run extra laps." he said.

"I don't want to go today." the girl whined.

"Y/n." Neji said sternly.

"Ugh." she flopped out of Neji's arms and got ready for the day. They left and headed to training.

"Good morning Y/n and Neji!" Lee exclaimed.

"Morning." they both replied back. Tenten then came over and pulled y/n to the side.

"So how's it with you and Neji?" she asked devilishly.

"Good so far." y/n answered. After the Chunin Exams, their team had been doing a lot to improve, especially Lee. After a long day of training, Hinata appeared.

"Oh hi Hinata. What are you doing here?" y/n asked while wiping sweat away from her forehead.

"Hi y/n. My dad said he needed to talk to Neji." Hinata replied. She walked over to Neji and told him that Hiashi needed to talk to him about something important. She didn't know what it was but she knew it was serious. Neji nodded and then walked over to y/n.

"I need to go. Hiashi needs me, I'll see you later princess." he said as he gave her a quick kiss and then left with Hinata.

Neji and Hinata were greeted by Hiashi as they entered the Hyuga Compound.

"Hello, Neji. There are some matters that I need to discuss with you." he said and motioned Hinata to leave. He brought Neji into a room where a girl his age was sitting. She was wearing a short blue kimono (see picture above). And she wore Hidden Mist headband. Her eyes were closed as she sat on her knees.

"I would like to introduce you to Akua Kiyomizu. She comes from the Kiyomizu clan from Kirigakure. Please take a seat next to her." Hiashi introduced. Neji sat beside her, suspicious of the situation. She opened her eyes and smiled, looking at Neji.

"You must be the Hidden Leaf's Neji Hyuga." she said politely. He simply nodded. Hiashi took a seat in front of them.

"Now to get matters out of the way. We have arranged a marriage for the two of you. There had been some problems with The Leaf and The Mist. The Hokage has asked us Hyugas to take care of the matters for we are now the strongest clan in Konoha. The Kiyomizu clan is the strongest in Kiri and was asked by the Mizukage to take upon their matters. The marriage will when the both of you turn 18 but I would like to introduce you to each other now. You are 15 now. (he just turned 15)" Hiashi explained. Neji looked mortified while Akua simply smiled.

"What do you mean an arranged marriage?!?" Neji exclaimed in rage.

"The Hokage has asked us to do this! Do you want the reputation of the Hyugas to decline?!?" Hiashi countered.

"I'm not even from the head family!"

"You are our strongest! And I thought you wanted to change the Hyuga? This is changing the Hyuga! End of discussion!" Hiashi got up and left.

"I apologize for Neji's rudeness, Akua." he said as he left.

"No no. It's fine." she replied. It was now just Neji and her in the room. Neji got up.

"I need to go. I kept someone waiting." Neji said sternly. He got up and started to walk away. Akua frowned, but let him be.

"Hi, y/n." Neji said coming into her house. Y/n was not aware of him here and had just taken a shower. She walked out, only with a towel on.
She then saw Neji standing there with a completely red face.

"Ahhh! Neji! When did you get here!?!" she exclaimed.

"Uh-uh just now" his eyes drifted to her breasts. Suddenly there was a bulge in his pants. She shrieked and hid behind her door. Neji immediately looked away.

"NEJI!" she yelled. He covered the bulge and walked to the kitchen in defeat. Y/n walked in a couple minutes later, fully dressed.

"Y-y/n." he stuttered.

"Hmph. So what did Hiashi want?" y/n said pulling out a onigiri and taking a bite.

"Nothing important." Neji lied, not ready to tell her the truth. He shifted in his seat.

"What's wrong? What some?" she asked noticing the change in Neji's mood and handed him the onigiri. He took it and ate a bite and handed it back to y/n. She then gulped down the rest in one bite.

"You have some rice right there." Neji said, pointing right next to her mouth. She attempted to lick it but failed.

"Where? I don't feel it." she said.

"There." Neji said again.

"Saying 'there' isn't gonna help me."

"Fine I'll get it for you." he got up and walked around the table to her. She faced towards him. Unexpectedly he licked the piece of rice next to her mouth.

"N-neji!"

"There. I got it." he said.

"You could have just brushed it off."

"What's the difference?" he said putting his hand around her waist and pulling her towards him.

"N-neji. What do you want?" she asked confused.

"I want a kiss."

She looked up and then put her arms around his neck, pulling him down for a long kiss.