03

ADELINE'S POV

I take a deep breath as I straighten out my outfit, closely examining it in the mirror.

After sending over 20 outfits to Dakota and Brooklyn, we decided on a plain, silk, black dress with a black leather jacket on top. I pair that with my black, knee high heeled boots and a black purse.

My hair is tied in a slick bun with a few face framing pieces hanging out and I did a light smokey eye look with a nude lip color to compliment my outfit.

After looking at myself for far too long I finally force myself to be content with the outfit and make my way to the restaurant that Brian sent me this morning.

As I walk down the street I try and keep myself calm, cool, and collected. This is a huge opportunity for me to show my dad and his nauseating wife that I'm a big girl and they can go fuck themselves. This is also a huge opportunity to get my name out into the fashion world. This dinner practically decides my future.

I finally make it to the restaurant and walk my way to the hostess with a nervous smile. "I'm here for Mr. Swardstrom" I say politely.

The hostess nods and leads me through the restaurant and into a back room where I see Brian. Sat right across from Brian is Timothée Chalamet. My heart speeds up as they see me enter and they both stand to greet me.

"Amélie, how are you?" Brain asks as he pulls me in and kisses both sides of my cheeks. I go along with the action, knowing that all rich people greet each other that way. My dad taught me that from a young age.

I snap myself from my thoughts and pull away from the greeting with a smile. "I'm doing good"

He grins back at me and gives me a look of encouragement. "Amélie, this is Timothée. Timothée, this is Amélie" Brian officially introduces us.

"Nice to meet you" I greet him, sticking out my hand to initiate a handshake, knowing that is the professional thing to do.

He takes my hand in his with a smile. "You as well" he responds, lightly shaking my hand.

We all three sit down at the table and the waitress comes by to take drink orders. I simply order a water, knowing that tonight isn't a night to get plastered.

"So Amélie, tell me about yourself" Timothée speaks up after the waitress leaves.

"Well, I'm twenty two years old, I was born and raised in the city. I just graduated from Parsons School of Design with a degree in fashion design" I respond, slightly tugging my bottoms lip between my teeth, a nervous habit.

Timothée nods and slightly grins at me, as if I'm the most interesting person in the world. "Who inspired you to get into fashion?" He questions.

My heart drops at the thought of her. "My mother" I answer softly. "She would always dress up so nicely and whenever she had time she would play dress up with me. I would wear her huge clunky heels and wobble around the house" I laugh at the memories, my eyes never leaving my hands which were intertwined on the table.

I finally raise my eyes up from my hands and I'm instantly met with Timothée's gaze and my face slightly blushes at the eye contact. I fucking hate eye contact.

Before the topic of my mom goes any further I change the subject. "So what's your fashion sense like?"

He scrunches his mouth to the side, thinking of a response. "Very street style, neutral colors, simple but still fashionable" he speaks smoothly. "I used to style myself but I've gotten so busy that I don't really have the time anymore" I nod my head in response as the waitress approaches the table to take our dinner orders.

Throughout the night the conversation gets easier. We talk about how he started his acting career and about his upcoming movies. He asks me more about myself to which I had vague responses because he is still a stranger after all.

When it came to the business talk Brian told my pretty much everything I needed to know. I would have to put together outfits for all of Timothée's events, interviews and even just simple going out looks. I would travel along for any press tours and any out of state/country events. I would have a company credit card that would allow me to buy anything that needs to be purchased for the outfits but anything over $5,000 has to be approved.

The night was finally winding down and the waitress brings the check, to which Brian insists on paying.

"So Ms. Gray, would you be interested in working for us?" Brian asks as he signs the bill.

I nod with a genuine smile across my face. "I would be thrilled to"

"Welcome to the team then" Timothée smiles at me, driving his eyes into mine.

Fucking eye contact

Before we leave, Timothée and I exchange contact information and Brian gives me a stack of documents that I have to go over and sign.

Once we say our goodbyes I make my way back to my apartment and begin reading over the agreement documents. Brian asked for them to be faxed over to him by the end of the week but I want to send them over as soon as I can. Considering this is my first task, I have to impress him.

I sip on a glass of wine as I scan the documents and sign at the bottom of each paper. It only took about an hour until all the forms are signed and I had them faxed over to Brian's email. I shut my computer as my eyes grow heavy. I head to my room to get ready for bed.

I take my makeup off and release my hair from the bun it had been sitting in all night. I switch off all my bedroom lights and check my phone one final time before I turn it off.

As I click open my Instagram app, my notifications are flooded. Thousands of new followers, comments, and likes.

"What the hell?" I mummer to myself as I scroll through them.

My eyes finally land on a comment  that may be the answer to my question. 'Omfg why did Timmy follow her?'. My mind grows confused. He followed me?

I type his name into the search bar at the top of my screen and click on the first username that pops up. Sure enough on the little blue bar under his bio it reads 'follow back'. I click the blue button that soon turns white and reads 'following'.

I click out of Instagram and onto Twitter only to be met with even more notifications. All of the tweets I'm being tagged in are questioning who I am, how I'm associated with Timothée, why he followed me, etcetera.

I click out of Twitter and decide to shut my phone off before I become too overwhelmed. I switch my lamp off and rest my head down on my pillows. Almost instantly I'm drifted away to sleep.

1211 words
Third chapter is done!!  I hope you guys like it so far.
Also!!! I changed somethings in the last chapter so if you haven't re-read it you should go check it out. Not a lot changed just little things.
But anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter