Chapter 24 Unsteady Ground.

AN: My apologies for taking so long to get this out to you friends. What with everything happening in the world, both my husband and I were not well on the whole PTSD and depression front. As an essential retail worker, the amount of inconsiderate people I was dealing with on a daily basis was eating at me. It took me much longer to come out of my funk this time around.

I also got hit with a bad case of writers block with this chapter. I wasn't altogether sure which direction I wanted to go with this, but I have decided rather than to try and force it, I will just feel it out as I go. I am sorry this chapter is a good bit shorter than my others, but I wanted to publish what I had as I knew you were to patiently waiting. I thank you for that. Your kind messages helped me through a lot.

Please enjoy. I hope to have more for you soon.

Ch 24

Lucifer crossed the room to the window, smoke and dust billowing out all around the building. He could see the red orange flames licking out of the ground floor levels. Ash rained down around the area, reminding him of how things had been in Hell. Lucifer, his face set like grim stone moved to the patio of the penthouse. The building shuddered and started to plumett to the earth. Quickly Lucifer unfurled his wings and soared into the air as Lux sunk to the gound and crumbled in a spectacular display of concrete, fire, ash and dust.

He landed himself on a nearby roof and retreived his phone from his pocket. Texts and calls started pouring in. He anwered one of the calls.

"Daniel. No, I'm fine. I was able to get out of the building before it crumpled. Please don't tell Chloe. I don't want her worried. I could have just been a gas explosion. You know she will just worry if you tell her otherwise." Lucifer brushed the dust from his sleeves and reassured Dan that he was fine. He ended the call with Dan and placed a call to Maze.

"Mazikeen. You weren't at Lux were you?"

"No, I was on my way to see Chloe. Why what's going on?"

Lucifer let out the breath he had not realized he had been holding.

"Azazel bombed Lux. I needed to be sure you were alright and able to help me hunt the bastard down."

"Where do you want me to meet you?"

Lucifer pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes for a moment. Trying to recall which properties Chloe had said that she had kept for herself. The house in Santa Monica.

"Head to the Santa Monica house. I will meet you there. I need to call Amenadiel and make sure that he gets Linda and little Charlie somewhere safe. I also need to call my property manager and have him field all the calls from the police and press." Again he disconnected the call to place another. His brother answered on the first ring.

"Lucifer, I just got home, what is it?"

"Azazel bombed Lux. The building has been reduced to rubble. You need to get Linda and Charlie to safety now. I am meeting Mazikeen at the Santa Monica house shortly in order to come up with something to stop Azazel from carrying out his plan."

"As soon as Linda and Charlie are safe, I will meet you there. I will send Linda and Charlie to her mother's in Aspen. They should be safe enough there for now." Amenadiel ended this call and Lucifer dialed the phone one last time.

"Ms Gilder, yes it's Lucifer. Listen, I'm still out of the country, but I've been informed that there has been an explosion at Lux. If you could please handle the police investigation and field questions from the press for Chloe I would appreciate it. Chloe is currently in the hospital and is unable to manage right now."

"Of course Mr Morningstar. I'll head over right away to speak with trhe lead investigator right now. Then I will schedule a press conference."

"My thanks Ms Gilder. I'll ensure you receive a handsome bonus for your assistance with this." He ended this last call, unfurled his wings and shot into the sky, heading directly toward Santa Monica.

Depending on where Maze had been when he called her, it could take her up to an hour to get there. He entered the house through the pool side doors and made his way into the master suite. He kept a few suits here in the event he required them. He certainly couldn't stay in these dust covered shirt and slacks. He quickly changed and was pouring himself a large glass of brandy when Maze flew in the door.

"Lucifer." He looked up at her and pulled another glass out to pour one for her as well. He handed it to her. She tossed it back quickly and plunked the glass down on the counter. "What's the plan?"

"I haven't figured it out yet. I'm waiting for Amenadiel to get here as well. We can plan something together." Lucifer poured Maze another drink and they waited for his brother to arrive.