Førtiseks

Dafne stood in the Mikaelson home, shrouded behind Nate

Dafne stood in the Mikaelson home, shrouded behind Nate. She felt safe with him, and even though he promised nothing would happen to her in this house, she was still riddled with nerves. "The town council, remember I told you about that?" Nate asked her gently.

She nodded, "They 'protect' the town from vam-vampires. Vampires like you." She spoke, making air quotes with her hands.

He spun around, eyes meeting each others, "I'd never hurt you, Dafne. Ever."

Her blue eyes searched his for any remnant of a lie, "I know." The siphon nodded, "I don't know how, but I know." The smallest smile spread on her lips with a slight nod.

He wanted to tell her everything. He wanted her to know about their first date, when he first saw her, how he hated Jeremy Gilbert for the way he treated her, but he couldn't. No one knew what too much information would do to her.

Nate sighed, "The council has been rounding up vampires. They're looking for me too."

She grabbed his arm, siphoning him by accident again. "Sorry!" She worried, pulling her hand away in a fist. A whisp of red magic following. "Has it ever done that?"

He stared at her in awe, "No, and trust me, you've magic tasered me a lot." He scoffed playfully, "Do it again."

She looked at him in disbelief, "What are you, some adrenaline junkie?" She frowned, stepping away from him and observing the mess of the mansion. He laughed, following her steps, "No way, before I became a vampire I was a shy loser."

Dafne paused her step, turning to look at his beautiful features, "What are you now?"

He opened his mouth to respond, but stopped when he heard footsteps approaching.  The vampire took a step towards the door, hearing clicks of a gun, "Dafne, run." He rushed out instead of answering, shoving his phone into her hands.

"What?" She spluttered, looking around in a panic.

"Look, they're going to take me. I'll be okay." He gently touched her forearms. "My phone has sensitive information, they can't know anything on here."

"Stop it, I'm not leaving you." She stressed, siphoning him again, "God fucking dammit how do I control this?" She threw her hands up.

"Go!" He used his vampire face, scaring her. She stopped moving for a second, before taking off. As she turned to the next room, she heard a gunshot. The witch flinched, colors and wisps of magic spewing out of her hands, she ran out of the house.

....
The siphon had run all the way home.  Granted, it was probably a five minute run, but can you blame her for being out of breath?  She did just wake up from being dead for who knows how long. 

   The witch barged into her house, running past the parlor room and straight up the stairs and skidding into her coven room.   She paused in the door way, really looking at everything.  There was an a altar, and it held different colors of candles.  She noticed there was a deck of tarot cards and next to it was a heavy looking book.  Looking to her left, there was a floor to ceiling bookshelf of the same types of books.