The Sun and Her Moon

After letting Tommy go, I let myself go

After letting Tommy go, I let myself go. He was my little brother, after all. How stupid could I be to let him go out and face this dangerous world by himself? Did he even pack enough food and supplies? Oh, that boy will be the death of me. (foreshadowing??!?!?)

I knew I trained him well enough to fend off the savage creatures that come when the sun sets. I was, in a sense, like the sun. I had was given my time to shine and now it was the end of my day. I am now letting Tommy be the new light in people's lives . I was allowing the moon to shine as bright as it wanted, as long as it wanted.

This is what I had to remind myself every day to get up out of bed. The days got better as I realized that he would be okay and that I also had a life to maintain. After a few weeks, I started to renovate our little shack, or well now, my little shack. I hated staying in one place for this long, but if Tommy ever wanted to come back, I would be here with open arms. It had taken some time, but I managed to build a beautiful two-story home.

I had grinded for so many days to get materials. I even paid a visit to the blistering depths of the nether. I always hated that hell hole but had to go there to get supplies for my potion brewing hobby. It was an old thing I used to do when Tommy was little and couldn't perceive how I was making potions of harming. You never know what he could do with that information; better safe than sorry. When he started to catch on, I stopped. I didn't need him going into a portal at 10 years of age.

I was very proud of my new house. The outside was absolutely stunning, especially with the little pond at the side of it. I wished Tommy could see this one day if he ever decided to come home.

I've found my new lifestyle very lonely. It's just me now. I thought that since being the introvert I am, it would be okay. However, waking up and not having anyone to talk to makes me feel rejected and alone. I make the most of it, though. I had found an ocelot in a jungle far from home, and surprisingly it didn't shy away from me. It just sat there looking at me, almost like it wanted me to take it home. So that's what I did. I gave it some of my salmon and let him follow me on my journey back to the comforts of my house. I called him Bart, I don't really know why, but it just stuck. I soon found out that Bart was a lazy motherfucker. That was okay with me though, I was just glad that I found something that made me the tiniest bit happy.

The early morning was my go-to time to train. Without a partner, I couldn't really practice dueling. So I set up some targets and got to work on my bow. I was gifted with good agility and skill in fighting. No one taught me, no one helped; I just naturally knew how to wield a sword and block attacks with a shield. A bow was not my strong suit. I might as well get better and make it my specialty, like what else am I going to do. I'm not planning on stabbing people in the gut with my arrow any time soon, but why the hell not learn and get better.

I developed a routine for the whole year and a half Tommy was gone. I would wake up, train, eat, farm, play with Bart, then sleep for hours, only to wake up again and do the whole thing over again. With my little brother gone, it was a dull pattern but it persistent. I had got so much done in thirteen months. On rare occasions, I would go on trips. I was always on a search to discover better resources, new lands, and busy villages. Maybe deep down, I was also hoping to find Tommy.

Here I was now, in the kitchen, fixing up some food for Bart. He doesn't really like catching his own food, so I go out and make sure he has some fish to snack on. I haven't seen him all day but I'm sure he is okay (look at me rhyming!). I was halfway done with filling his bowl when the door abruptly opened, scaring me half to death. A man falls in with a loud bang....Oh shit, a man just fell in my house. I quickly grab my diamond ax from the couch, getting ready to not die. I was about to take a swing at the intruder until they looked up from my wood floor.

"Tommy?" I gasped unsure, as I made eye contact with the boy that left me over a year ago. 

words~899

(A/N I forgot to mention that Jordan is 20 in this story...when Tommy left she was 19)

Daily Reminder

drink some water, eat some food, get enough sleep, you are loved and beautiful <3