Nightmare

It was past midnight when she walked to the railing of the huge wooden ship. The bright moon, though being blocked by fluffy clouds, shined through them and towards the girl who looked at it. It was another night where she couldn't sleep. But, this time it was different. The horrid nightmare that she had wasn't the same as the previous nights about what the former Tenryuubito and Shichibukai had said, no. This time was something more traumatic. Something that she had wanted to forget, but at the same time, knew that she couldn't. Something that will be engraved into her mind, that she'll never be able to forget.

As she rested her arms on the railing, she felt herself being lost in a way that even she couldn't decipher. With the tips of her fingers, she softly traced the railing of the ship as a small, but subtle smirk came to her lips. Her gaze softened as she almost relaxed her eyes, looking towards the wast ocean ahead. The ocean glissened in her blue and grey eye, which was like that because of Doflamingo and tye scar that was over her left eye. As the cold breeze flew by her face, making her short brown hair flow, she closed her eyes. At that moment when the breeze hit, she started to smile more.

Tears started to fall down her cheeks as she remembered all the good times. The good memories with the one she loved the most, are now gone. The memories with her brother were something that she had cherished the most among the years. Now, it's been 2 years and she still has not gotten over it. The death of her brother was something that broke her, not even the torture that she had to face in that lab and the 3 years that followed weren't as painful. She is sure that her captain feels the same way, who also lost his brother in the Paramount War. The day, that ended a whole era and started another, more deadly one to come.

With a soft, yet dreadful glance, she looked at her left arm, which had a dark glove without fingertips that extend past her elbow. At the end of the glove's fingers, there are light blue pears that seem to be glistering in the moonlight. She grabbed her wrist with her other arm, which was covered in bandages, and clenched it tightly, remembering how she got the burn mark, that hides behind the glove. She hides it from her crew and herself, not wanting to remember that time when she got it. The same goes for the other burn on the right side of her face down to her right shoulder. However, she does not regret the thing she did, which resulted in her getting the two burns. Saving her captain and a friend was something that she was willing to die for and at that time she was.

At that day, nothing really mattered anymore after her brother died. She was a complete mess and she could not think straight, but at the same time, she knew that she couldn't just wait around. Her emotions were everywhere, but she tried to find her composer. After everything, she promised herself that she wouldn't think like that again. That she wouldn't feel hopeless. This time it's different. This time, she was not alone.

She sighed in annoyance before letting go of her arm. It was hard for her these past 2 years, but she doesn't even want to admit it to herself, let alone her Nakama or her captain. In the two years, while she was alone, away from everyone, she somewhat found out who she truly was, but deep down she knows, that she is still lost. She has been lost ever since she was captured by the Marines 7 years ago. Ever since then, she has been wanting to find herself, to find the spark that she had lost. Though, she knows that the spark will be forever gone and that she will always be alone. All the pain and suffering she has been through, no one else can understand that. No one else can understand what it felt like. After everything, what more can this world offer to her as a surprise. She has already seen it all.

She sighed once more while looking at the horizon where the wast sea meets the everlasting sky. She smiled softly, before wiping away the tears in her tired eyes. It was calming and relaxing. Slight waves hit the ship, which made it swing somewhat. To her, it was calming. She did now know why, however. Though, she always saw herself out on the sea, having grand adventures and going into the beyond, maybe even further. The sea was where she always wanted to belong and now, she has found friends, that she can call a family. A family of 9, plus the alliances now as well.