5

"How was your flight?" Joohyun asked her boyfriend as he sat on her sofa observing her.

Joohyun was in her mini kitchen. With all the turmoil, she almost forgot her dinner being cooked on the turned on stove.

"It was okay," Joonmyeon replied, "it's been almost a month since I've last seen you. How were you?"

"I was good," Joohyun smiled stirring the soup and tasting it. After a little shock knowing that he was back in the country, Joohyun calmed down and was more welcoming.

Suddenly, she felt the presence from behind and two big arms wrapped around her waist. Startling the girl, Joonmyeon laughed and looked at the dish she was cooking. Being a little uncomfortable doing the task at hand and being captured from behind, Joohyun tried to move but ended without much success.

"Can I taste it?" Joonmyeon asked her not letting her go yet.

"It's ready. You must be starving after a long flight. I'll serve this on the table," turning to face the guy, Joohyun calmly broke out of the tight embrace. "You can sit here," she pointed at the bar table for two. Perfect for two people. Joonmyeon smiled shyly turning back to take a seat. He was confused of why she was acting so distant from him. Especially now, when he just returned back to Korea.

"It's been a while since I've eaten your food. This looks delicious. Thank you, I will eat well!" he smiled at her before starting his trapeze. Joohyun returned the smile. 'Why does he have to be so polite,' she thought. Out of nowhere, she thought about the times when Baekhyun had dinner at hers. Someone who is the complete opposite of the man sitting in front of her.

He would just barge into her apartment with a pouty face, telling her that he could eat the whole cow going straight to her refrigerator. Sometimes, the boy could come with takeouts, but all the other times he preferred to have meals cooked by her. His mother would often send him homemade kimchi and other side dishes.

'Why are you even thinking about it, Joohyun?' The girl was so angry at herself. 'He just likes to rob your food supplies. And you have an amazing boyfriend who cares about you a lot.'

How did she came to be tangled with Joonmyeon, though? Him being kind and sweet to her was what got her into him at first. She liked him for a few months before she started dating him. It was like a crush things at first. And the fact that Joonmyeon himself started liking her was astonishing. However, things didn't go as Joohyun wanted them to go, and she became stuck in a very difficult situation.

Unfortunately, being with Joonmyeon wasn't what her heart wanted. She figured it out in the last few weeks and decided about that in the last few days. Thanks to her best friend. It didn't matter now if Baekhyun liked her or not, she didn't want to be cruel anymore. Joonmyeon didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls. I was on the plane. Was it something important?" the male in front of her asked eating the soup.

'It means he didn't see the post. That's a relief.'

"It's okay. Nothing serious. I wanted to know when you are coming back," Joohyun smiled at him.

"I shocked you with a surprise visit, didn't I?" Joonmyeon chuckled. "Don't worry, I got a vacation from my father. He let me study until the end of the semester. Guess, I worked hard at the company that he became so attentive to my studies."

"That's good that you're not taking much on yourself. You're still in your junior year," Joohyun smiled adding the rice to her soup.