Chapter 4: Seventeen

Sage: broadway_crackers
Grace: me

Two in one day? What? Yeah I know I'm amazing and I have way too much free time on my hands because I completed this in basically a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace helps Sage up onto the silo carefully. The two girls lie back and look to the stars, using their hands to support their heads.

"Except for getting chased that was one hell of a lot of fun,"Grace tells her with a grin after a few minutes of silence and staring at the sunset.

"Yeah. It sure was. I wish it didn't have to end,"Sage tells her. "What was it that you wanted to show me?"

"Well maybe it can but I'll show you the thing tomorrow,"she tells her and sits up properly with her legs still dangling over the edge of the silo.

"What?"the younger girl asks and sits up properly.

"You just gotta drink from the spring when you're my age," Grace offers with a grin. "Then we can get out of here and travel the world together. We always talk about it and now we can do it!"

"Grace I dunno. Leaving home for a few days I get but a few years?"

"Please. You said you wanted to go to New York and France and I wanna see the pyramids and the Brooklyn Bridge, the Rio Grande,"Grace reasons. "Please. We can see it together."

"I don't know."

Grace sighs and mumbles under her breath slightly.

Grace: Six years from now you will turn seventeen
Turn seventeen
The same age as me

Six years from now
Go to the spring
Go to the spring and drink

I'll wait for you till you turn seventeen
Turn seventeen
The same age as me

Six years from now
Go to the spring
Go to the spring and drink

Sage, just wait with me
Just please be ready
Sage just, wait with me
And we'll see the world
Sage, you can stop time
And live like this
Forever

So, what do you say, Sage
Do you wanna live forever?

Sage looks at the ground below them and thinks a little bit. "Can I tell you in the morning?"she asks timidly. Grace nods.

"Yeah I guess it is a pretty big decision,"she replies as the girls start to climb down and head back to Grace's family's cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cabin in the woods that belonged to the MacKay family was in the Foster's woods without their knowledge but they never looked around their woods anyways.

Grace knocks on the door and scratches the back of her neck anxiously. "Right if anybody asks you followed me here. I did not take you out of your house."

"But that's a lie."

"You really think my family know I go visit you everyday?"

"Grace? What do you tell them?"Sage asks suspiciously.

"Unimportant now zip it!"Grace tells her as the door opens.

"Rude,"Sage mumbles.

"Grace Rose MacKay why on Earth is Sage here?"her mother screeches. Usually Grace's mother was calm and relaxed and caring but this might have been an exception.

"Yes well about that? I may have been visiting Sage everyday for the past year and she followed me home,"Grace replies nervously and starts to take her shoes off as she gets in.

"That's a lie, Mrs. MacKay, Grace took me to the fair and accidentally became immortal,"Sage corrects. The two girls walk into the main room and Grace sits on the table but soon switches to the sofa once her mother gives her a look.

"Excuse me?"Grace's older sister, Liberty, interjects. "Did you just say my younger sister accidentally became immortal?"

"Yep."

"I will kill you one day,"Grace says bluntly.

"Nobody is killing anyone!"the girl's mother comments.

"I'm not surprised it was by accident if she actually did. She always makes some kind of a mistake,"Liberty comments. Grace smacks the back of her head and glares at her.

"What's that supposed to mean?"she snaps.

"Oh zip it we all know you're the clumsiest child,"her older brother, Daniel, piped up from his corner.

"Oh look the silent one speaks!"

"Zip it, Grace!"

"All of you be quiet!"their mother says loudly causing the eldest three to be silent immediately. "Right, Sage, what were you saying about Grace?"

"Grace took me to the fair and earlier today she accidentally became immortal,"Sage explains. "She's been visiting me for the past year everyday,"she adds innocently. Grace facepalms and sinks further into her seat on the couch.

"This is gonna take a while to explain,"Grace mumbles and scratches the back of her neck.

"Mother what's going on?"Grace's younger twin sibling, James, asks as him and his twin sister, Anna come down the stairs with their father close behind them.

"Rose what's going on?"her father asks and Grace brings her cap further over her head. "Why hello Sage lovely to see you here."

"Lovely to see you too Mr. MacKay,"Sage grins and sits beside Grace.

"Oh middle child became immortal and has been going to see Sage everyday for the past year despite what we said,"her mother explains. Her father takes it in for a few minutes.

"That's my daughter,"he chuckles and Grace sighs and sits up properly. "But you are still in a lot of trouble."

Grace groans and sinks into her seat again. "I am so dead,"she mumbles.

"Yes you are,"Liberty comments and flips the page of her book calmly.

"Grace go get Sage a change of clothes and both of you come back down!"her mother instructs firmly. Grace gulps and stands up nervously. "And don't you dare think about sneaking out!"

Grace mumbles under her breath slightly and helps Sage up and the two walk up the stairs together. She opens up the ladder and opens the hatch to the attic. She helps Sage in and starts to go through the boxes. "Thank you so much for that."

"You're very welcome. Hey do you think this'll fit me?"she asks and shows the older girl a set of clothes.

"Eh sure. Looks to be your size,"Grace shrugs.

"Wait you're not mad at me?"

"Nah. They were gonna find out when something stupid happened anyways,"Grace shrugs and turns around to let Sage get changed.

"Alright lets go down,"Sage says and they go back down the ladder.

"One more thing though,"

"If I gotta demonstrate my immortality then there's a rifle in my mother and father's room for find that and shoot me. If I die run home."