Chapter 9: The Island Encounter

(Art not mine. Belongs to my best friend Golden Fire Friendstale. Go check out her YouTube channel. She's an awesome gal. 😊👍)

Percy and Charlotte adventured on the island. Unfortunately while Percy was talking, the two got separated from the group.

"Nice going Percy." Charlotte crossed her arms.

"Don't worry! We'll be ok. We just got to wait for them to notice we're missing." Percy said with a nervous tone. Charlotte was clearly not amused. "Edward would've gotten us back to the group in no time." That was literally the straw that broke the poor pirates back.

"THEN GO FIND HIM! I BET EDWARD CAN PLAY THE STUPID GAME WITH YOU! BET HE CAN ADVENTURE BETTER! I BET HE CAN EVEN FIND TREASURE FASTER THAN ME!" He stormed off. Leaving Charlotte shocked by his sudden outburst.

Percy sat near a pond. He looks at reflection. Tears fill his eyes and hit the pond. Sending ripples across. He smacked the reflection leaving the reflection distorted.

"Awwwww poor little Percival.... Left to sadness and heart ache, oh whatever shall he do?" Percy looked up and saw Skin Taker.

"What do you want?" Percy asked rather glumly.

"To help you of course. All you have to do is take my deal Percy. It's been three months since our last conversation." Skin Taker grinned.... Well.... If you could call it that.

"Forget it Skin Taker! I'm not helping you! You're evil, and nasty and nothing but a parasite to this world." Percy said as he sat on a log.

"Now, now,.... Dear sweet innocent child, we both know Charlotte is never gonna love you the way you want her to.... She only loves Edward. We both know that. Everyone does."

His words only made Percy cry more cause he knew he was right.

"Now... You finally see my point of view.... Oh you poor little fool, but if you take my deal,... Well... You've already been told what I would promise. Although you said you didn't need my help.... So I'll take my leave." Skin Taker began walking away.

"Wait!... Please wait."

"Made up your mind already I see?" Skin Taker chuckled.

"I'll take your offer, but you have to leave my friends and Charlotte's friends alone. Then we have a deal."

The Skin Taker laughed. "Deal it is then. First bring me the dagger and you shall receive your reward." He disappears.

Meanwhile Charlotte was angry and going around the island looking for the others. "Damn it Percy.... Can't believe you got us lost..." She mumbled to herself.  As she crunched over some leaves, she heard a snap and she was suddenly trapped in a net.

"Aaaaaah! Hey! Poppy!.... Janice?! Maggie?! Anyone?!" Charlotte started crying.

"Hey wait! I'm sorry! Here let me get you down."

She stopped crying when she heard the kind female voice. The net was lowered and opened. "I'm Golden Fire.... But sometimes my friends just call me Golden for short."

Charlotte looks up at her. "Thank you. I'm Charlotte by the way. You don't happen to belong to a crew do you?"

Golden Fire paused. "Well..... I got washed up here. I got separated during a storm. So I've been living on the island for 3 months now... And now I have no crew.... And no friends." She teared up. Charlotte felt bad for Golden Fire. Her heart felt her pain. "Hey, you wanna come back with me? I'm looking for my crew. They're on the island. I got separated from them. They're really nice and my friends would be happy to meet you."