Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The BAU team began to pack up their bags and the clock reached that glorious time of the day when they were free. Everyone had the same contented look on their faces.

"Got any plans for tonight?" Morgan asked Prentiss as he slipped his jacket on.

"You asking me out? 'Cause I don't think I'm your type, and you are definitely not mine!" Prentiss shot back quickly.

"No, no way...I wouldn't want to get in trouble with Hotch anyway..." There it was again, that pointed insinuation that made Prentiss blush, though she wouldn't admit why. She ignored it and continued loading files into her bag that she would work on when she was at home, preferably with a large glass of wine in her hand. Hotch's sudden voice behind her made her jump and caused Morgan to burst out laughing.

"Reid never showed today," Hotch stated, to the point as always, "Neither of you have heard anything from him?"

"Nah, he was completely MIA all day," Morgan replied when he had stopped laughing.

"He probably just needed space," Prentiss suggested.

"He normally rings though. He's never not rung," Hotch said simply. Prentiss loved how he never wasted words; he said what he meant always. He was so reliable and safe, yet strong...

"Uhh guys?" Garcia's voice broke Prentiss' train of thought and brought her back to the real world, "There's some weird shifty goings-on over in my temple of excellence and I don't really know what I'm doing, which is weird because I always know what I'm doing so when I don't know what I'm doing it can only mean that there must be some bizarro shift in the cosmos that turns brilliant people slightly less brilliant -"

"Baby girl, slow down," Morgan interrupted the blond technology pixie's rant, "What's the problem?"

"You'd better just follow me, Abs. And you, Fringe and Eyebrows," Garcia spun on her heels and scampered back to her room.

"I guess 'Fringe' and 'Eyebrows' means us?" Hotch said to Prentiss, managing an almost smile once more.

"Well, you're definitely not 'Abs', I'm Abs. Right, Fringe?" Morgan pushed past the pair to Garcia's tech office. Hotch and Prentiss followed, both laughing now at their co-workers.

When the three of them were inside Garcia's office the mood turned very serious. There was an email on Garcia's screen that she had enlarged on all the screens in the office.

Dear FBI agent,

Make sure your whole FBI team is available at 6.15 this evening

I have something to show you

Be there and make sure they are all here too

We can sort this out, if you cooperate

"Weird, right?" Garcia said, obviously disconcerted by the mysterious message. Hotch glanced at his watch.

"It's 6.10 now so we're on time," He stated, addressing his team.

"Who's it from, Garcia?" Morgan asked, arms folded across his chest, brow furrowed.

"Well, that's the strange, strange thing...It was sent from my own account. But I only just got it. It must have been set up on a timer to send at this specific point, "And check out this link at the bottom of the email."

Garcia clicked the link and they were directed to a page with a large black box and nothing else right in the center.

"So, it's going to be a video feed, most likely live. Yet when I trace the source - brace yourselves for a Freaky Friday-style twist - it is supposedly coming from this very computer!"