𝕺𝖓𝖊.

𝐊𝐢𝗺𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐞-𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬-- 1998

𝐊𝐢𝗺𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐞-𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬
-- 1998 .
〰️〰️〰️

FIRST PERSON POV

Bobbing my head to Keep ya head up by Tupac, I was impressed by how smoothly the music was playing through the new kenwood stereo my dad had just bought as a surprise for me.

It was a typical hot day in California, around the Bay Area, Oakland to be exact, and everyone was out doing something .

Except me. I'm too busy with my head in my notebook writing a song as usual.

"Kenneth, you can't keep spending money like we have it!" I heard my mother's voice through the thin walls .

Rolling my eyes, I just continued writing & listening .

"Joyce, im sorry. Our daughter wanted it, and I'll do anything to make her happy." I heard my dad reply .

I smiled to myself, before turning the music up to tune them out .

We wasn't poor, but we damn sure wasn't rich so I could see where my mother was coming from.

We had our good days, and our bad days. Some days we had to find a way to make ends meet, which were most.

I had a few acquaintances from around the way, but they were all into different things than me.

While I was an introvert, many of them were extroverts causing us to not hang out as much.

My house was my safe haven. If I stay in, I don't have to worry about being hurt.

I had a bestfriend once. Her name was Ja'lissiya. Unfortunately, her life was cut short when we were just beginning our teenage lives by gun violence.

Her older brother Jay was deep in the streets , and well .. you know how that goes.

The streets don't love anyone. Bullets have no name on them, and you don't have to really be guilty of anything to receive one.

That was three years ago. I'm now 19, and I graduated high school two years ago. Every since then, I have been trying to start a rap / singing career .

I'm more better at singing, but I can freestyle a lil some too.

I didn't go to college because mama and daddy ain't have the funds for it. I was too busy tryna chase my dreams anyway, college is a scam in my head.