IX

Day 9 : last day together

Donghyuck has planned to bring mark to the place where it all started.

'The secret garden bench' that's where they first met. They met at this garden bench that was mysteriously away from the city and it was somewhat old to be precise. Donghyuck went there when he was getting some time away from everything and mark on the other hand, was just lost. He was sent to Korea from Canada and the boy found his way to that garden bench. They met there and talked. They just happened to love eachother at first sight. Mark didn't have a home to go to so donghyuck decided to bring him to his home. And that is where their story started. It was just a simple friendship that bloomed to a very beautiful and faithful relationship. They loved and cared for eachother. And, they swore that they wouldn't leave eachother.

Donghyuck was now covering mark's eyes to surprise him from seeing the bench infront of him.

Donghyuck slowly got his hands off mark's eyes and the other was adjusting to the light.

"Welcome back to the place where it all started. The lost boy who found me, a lifeless kid." donghyuck chuckled

"Woah. It's been a while." mark said as he dragged the younger slowly to the bench. they sat there while getting wrapped around the sound of the slim river water flowing and crickets low sounds. They were cherishing this moment. This might be the last time.

"I was so lost. I don't know what I'd be doing right now without you. If you didn't find me then .. I think I'd be on the streets right now. I'm thankful for you and I hope you'd always remember that. There are no words to explain how happy I always am being with you. Just the thought of holding you can make me melt." mark said as he held the younger's small hands in his. he kissed the top of donghyuck's hand and continued.

"You know, the first time I saw you I thought that you'd be pushing me away because I was a stranger. But you kept me and took care of me. You might be thinking that I took care of you because I wanted to repay what you did to me, yes I did that partially to repay you but, I did all of those because I truly and deeply love you. I had the urge to just protect you from everything. I just want to be with you for the rest of my life. I'd do anything to keep you with me. I'd even die with you. But, of course I wouldn't do that because you'd be upset. I don't want you upset you know, you're scary when you're upset but you're cute at the same time." they both chuckled at mark's silliness. they both were holding eachother like there's no tomorrow.

They ate the food donghyuck has packed for them and they just held eachother, afraid of letting go. They were again wrapped by the sounds of nature and they loved it. They loved that they don't even have to talk to make themselves comfortable. They loved that they just had to hold onto eachtother to make them both feel that they'll be there whatever it takes.

"Mark, let's play a game" donghyuck started

"Okay, name it"

"One round of truth or dare"

"Why truth or dare though?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to play it." there was a reason and he didn't want to tell the other.

"Okay let's start. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss me right now" mark said as he put out his lips

"Too easy."

Donghyuck leaned in and kissed him while cupping his face. They kissed like there would be no tomorrow. They would pull away from time to time but they'd put their lips back together.

"Okay okay let's stop, we'll continue later. Your turn, truth or dare" donghyuck ended their kiss

"It would be unfair if I'd pick truth, so dare."

"Spend your day and night tomorrow without me. No calling, texting, visiting, and just everything that involves me"

"24 hours without you? No."

"It's a dare mark. Do it pleaseee"

"Still no."

"Pweettyy pweeasseee" donghyuck was now pleading with his infamous puppy eyes

"Ughhh. Okay okay, I'll do it but only for a day okay?"

"Yes yes. You can spend it with our friends. I'm not prohibiting you from spending it with them. I'll call them for you. Thank you and I love you so so so so much" donghyuck said as he kissed him

"Why do you badly want to not spend tomorrow with me?"

"Just becauseeee.. I wanted to see if you're up for the challenge" they both just smiled at eachother and went back to holding each other.

"We better get going now. It's getting pretty dark" mark said as he helped the younger to stand up and clean out the mess the made.

"Love, we're here." Mark said as he was about to stand up and go inside the house with the younger, but he was pulled back to his car seat

"The dare starts now. You can do it mark, I believe in you. I love you my love." donghyuck said as he pressed his lips onto mark's. the older wasn't planning to pull away anytime soon so donghyuck did it himself.

"I guess this is goodbye for now?" mark asked as he stared onto donghyuck's brown orbs

'No, it's really goodbye mark. I'm sorry'

Donghyuck just hummed "Goodbye love, sleep well tonight alright?"

Donghyuck then proceeded to get out of the car and was now walking to his house, tears threatening to crash down. But, he was pulled back into a warm hug.

"I love you, always remember that. Sleep well my sunshine. Goodbye" mark whispered onto donghyuck's shoulders before letting go.

'I'll sleep well and come back in my next life. This is it, goodbye'

Donghyuck wanted to wait for mark to drive but the older insisted that he should go in first so he went in flashing his last smile.

When he knew that mark's car was no longer outside their house he let his tears flow down endlessly.

'Goodbye my love. I'll be watching you from above. I love you to the universe and back.'

Last letter to my minhyungies future love :

'Take him to the moon for me'

—————————————