Chapter 1

It was just an ordinary day at the lab. Temperance Brennan sat at her computer working on her book quietly. Just then she heard a knock and looked up. It was her partner Booth." You wanna go for lunch?" He asked. Brennan smiled." Sure Booth. Let me get my stuff." She grabbed her stuff and closed her Microsoft tab with her book. And turned her computer off and locked her office door.

Booth and Bones entered the diner for lunch." So how's your book coming along Bones?" Booth said trying to start a conversation." My book is fine Booth." She basically ended that conversation. Brennan looked like she was upset." Are you ok Bones?" She looked up into his dark brown eyes and forced a smile." Yeah I think I'm tired that's all." Brennan was upset at her new intern Emily Crook for something she had said.

                  *Flashback*
Brennan was up on the platform with her new intern Emily Crook and a set of human remains." Hello Ms. Crook tell me what you know about this set of remains." Brennan said bluntly." Yes Dr. Brennan. Ok so this person is female judging by the width of her hips. She has given birth at least maybe 13 years ago and she is in her mid 30's or early 40's given by the ware on her teeth. Now she has had suffered abuse it looks like from since she was a child. She does have several fractures on her spine, ribs, hips, and her head." Emily said." Ok well since this case has already been closed I can return to writing my book." Brennan said while taking her gloves off." Wait! Dr. Brennan how'd I do?" Crook asked." I'll inform you and Dr. Saroyan later. I need to work on my book. Now please excuse me." Brennan said. Her intern looked like she was pissed." Oh so all you care about is a stupid book. You know I thought you would care about your interns or the people around you. I have idled you for a long time. You are completely selfish. You don't even care about me and what I said about the body. You are the most stupidest person I've ever met and I think you are a bitch Dr. Brennan! Work work work is all you care about. Dumbass mother fucking bitch!" Emily stormed off into Angela's office. You could see the hurt in her eyes. Brennan walked off the platform and into her office. She had never felt unwanted since she came to work with her friends and family. She sat tapping one key per minute on her computer.
                               *Flashback ends*
"Bones is there something bothering you? You know I'm right here for you right?" She looked away from his eyes. Booth knew something was wrong. He put his fingers under her chin and forced her look at him. Her eyes filled with tears." Bones don't cry just tell me what's wrong ok?" She shook her head." Its fine Booth. Nothing I can't handle." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks. Booth got up from his chair and went to his Bones. He gave her one of his  ' man hugs'. "Bones tell me what's wrong." He said as he sat right next to her.

Emily sat in Angela's office waiting for her." What was all that yelling for out there?" Angela said while entering her office. "Oh just a disagreement I had with Dr. Brennan. She doesn't think my skills are worthy of a compliment." Emily said." Well if there was name calling then it must have been serious." Angela said with a stern look. Emily started to think that she was guilty for that and also shoving Brennan twice. She most likely was gonna get off the scholarship here. She frowned at her own mistake.

"Bones I've just realized that your right eye is swollen! You need to tell me how this happened." Booth said to his Bones. "Okay" Brennan started. Booth waited for her to continue." Well I got this new intern yesterday and we were in the Ookey room studying remains and I was finished with her for today and she got mad because I didn't give her any compliment or act of praise. Then she shoved me and called me a selfish, dumb ass mother fucking bitch. She shoved me again but this time my stomach and face slammed into a table in there. My stomach hit the edge of the table very hard while my face hit the eyepiece of a microscope. The eyepiece was shoved into my eye with pressure. Now my eye and stomach hurt very much." She said as she felt around her swollen eye." At least I think nothing has been fractured or broken from what I can tell." She siad calmy as she finished examining herself. She now began to cry softly into Booth's shoulder. He patted her shoulder." Do you want ice to put on where you are injured? Are you gonna cancel the internship she has with the Jeffersonian?" He asked reassuringly. Brennan nodded to answer both questions." Do you want to eat dinner at me and Hannah's place tonight?" Booth asked sweetly. She looked to him with sweet eyes and smiled but then frowned." Oh Booth, I don't want to be a bother." He looked to her." You won't be Bones trust me." He knew she had issues with trusting people since she had a bad childhood." Alright Booth. What time should I be over?" She asked. He smiled when he heard her answer. Brennan was now smiling again." How about I pick you up after work?" He grinned madly. She grinned to." K."