17- Hard Times

"How I hate you." She cried, putting her arm over her eyes. He stayed silent and stepped back as she got up, wiping her tears away in anger. She came and put her hands on his shoulders, gripping his black Slytherin robes, shaking him.

"What's wrong with you? Don't you see that I actually care about you, and I thought you cared about me!"

"I did. I used to." He spat down on her and she backed away, getting her bag from the floor. Her face screwed up in sadness and pain.

As she went to the door she turned to him. "I'm so sorry, for saying those things about you." She said wiping her face sadly. His face softened ever so slightly, barely noticeable. "I regretted them the moment I spoke them." She said in a strained voice. He pressed his lips firmly together. "You deserve a better apology than this." She muttered looking at the floor sadly, while opening the door and closing it softly behind her. But he'd heard what she said.

***

2 Days later, Slytherin dorm of Draco, Theo and Blaise.

Draco stayed up for those two nights thinking of her, looking out his window down at the lake. He shook his head at the disgusting sight of Weasley and the girl he'd cheated on Hermione with. He closed the curtain in disgust and made his way to his bed.

"I'm going out with Ginny, don't wait up." Blaise said winking to Theo and Draco, and Theo chuckled. Draco barely smiled, and Blaise left. Theo set his book down and went to Draco.

"What? Are you here to tuck me in, mother?" Draco said in a deep soft voice. Theo gave him a sad half smile and sat down on the side of his bed.

Theo, Pansy, Blaise and Ginny knew of what Draco had done to Hermione. She hadn't shown up for potions, showing up for every other class, and didn't sit at the table anymore. She told Ginny and Pansy to get her food and bring it up to her dorm. Now only the four sat together, as Hermione was processing and recovering while Draco simply didn't want to eat or be around anymore.

"Love can be a gust of wind, or the lightest breeze." Theo said repeating the words he had said to Hermione to Draco.

Draco glared at him and looked away like a little boy. "Come on now, my boy." He said chuckling lightly to himself. "You and Hermione. Make it right with her."

"No, it's over now. just a few more months, I'll be out and never see her again." Draco said playing with his blanket.

"And when you do see her one day with the love of her life, you'll be happy for her?" Theo asked. Draco slowly moved his eyes to Theo's. He shook his head no shyly. He wouldn't be happy for her. Theo smiled at him, and suddenly had a dreamy look in his eyes, that creeped Draco out just a bit.

"When you see her, do the winds whisper a melody? Do your clothes sway in the wind freely?-" He went and opened the curtains Draco had closed. "-Does the moon appear gigantic?" Theo said sighing, looking at the moon. It was nice and big tonight in his point of view.

"That's only in made up stories, not real life." Draco said rolling his eyes, scoffing.

He went and sat back down on Draco's bed.

"It happens in real life too, if you love a person." He said simply. Draco remained quiet. Theo left him with that and went to his bed, turned his small lamp off, and slept.

***

Draco woke up, surrounded by no one. He sighed. He was going to be alone today. He was bored so he decided to actually take a shower and change his pyjamas. He loved th feeling over going into his bed after he showered.