1

𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒀/𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒛𝒆. 𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓, 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒈𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 - 𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕.

"𝒀/𝒏?" 𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌, 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕, 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒙. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒙. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔-

her eyes opened the slightest, the dream fading away quickly. Y/n shifted in her bed, trying to quickly fade back to the dream, see the boy once again, but not succeeding. She groaned in frustration of not getting back. This was the situation, where the dream she had was actually good.

Every now and then, the same boy appeared in her dreams, always smiling and being beside her. It almost seemed like a memory, but very distant. Quite magical and mesmerizing. It was always fun having those dreams, since y/n felt free when she had them. Like she grew a pair of wings and was able to fly over the world, soaring through the blue skies, feeling this warm feeling, tugging her heart as she did so.

This world wasnt treating her nicely. Being grown up, seemed like an awesome thing as a child, you know - being in control, living alone or maybe with your prince charming, but Now that she was 24 years old, being grown up was a terrible, horrible nightmare. She barely was able to pay bills for the small place she called home, in the middle of London, nor she had that prince charming in her life.

Y/n sighed, moving the bedsheets, the cold air of the wintery scene outside hitting her body, goosebumps quickly scaling her skin. A rough shiver escaped her lips, as she quickly made her way over to the dresser to grab her work clothes.

Y/n worked at the local library. There were many reasons, why she worked there. The most improtant one was that she loved the atmosphere or just reading books itself. Shed usually do her job, selling or giving out books for later return, like usual. Though when you come across her without others in the room, shed always be reading an adventure or a fantasy book. Even though its not allowed,
y/n sometimes brings some books home herself, and keeps them for a while.

As the girl got dressed, her eyes drifted to the nearest bookshelf in her bedroom. This was probbably the best day to bring her books back to the library, since shed have to go work there anyways. Putting her jacket on, she made her way over to the bookshelf, piling the books in to one stack, placing them all in to her shoulder bag. They were quite heavy, and her back would definetly hurt after this, but she really didnt care and made her way downstairs to her kitchen.