Tнє Dєвυтαηтє

Cecilia froze on where she stood, she looked up to the emperor who's cold gaze was bearing into her, she heard everyone getting quiet, all of them are now looking at her and the emperor.

Cecilia snapped out of her fear,- no she must keep going, she would not die in vain.

"Forgive my mistake your majesty, I somehow mistake you as my father" she said as her smile bloomed to her face and then bowed in courtesy. Whispers from the attending nobles then burst out, filling up the ballroom.

"I-is that the daughter of Duke Peregrine?"

"My, my, how brave she is"

"Is she going to die?"

"Oh, i hope not, she is a genius after all, it would be a waste"

"I wonder if the emperor would kill the ambassador's daughter"

Cecilia kept smiling at the emperor, for a few minutes the emperor looked at her with an unreadable expression while the stare got intense. For a few minutes they stayed in that position until the emperor smiled, amused by the girl, "your actions are forgiven, Lady Peregrine" he said and then walked away leaving her alone in her place.

Cecilia's shoulder then relaxed and she then sighs in relief as the party then goes back, although the demeanor of the debutante isn't what it used to be before the simple accident.

"Cecilia!"

She then looked back and saw her parents and her big brother ran to her, worried about her and the situation earlier. "Are you alright? Tell me Cecilia, do you feel fine?" her father said while tightly holding her shoulder, looking at her with frantic expression. "Father, I'm alright, I think I dodge the emperor's wrath" she said to him in a joking manner but it cause him to tighten his hold to her shoulders

Her mother quickly noticed her father's thigh hold to her and quickly reassured him. "Honey, let go of Cecilia, I'm sure that the emperor did not take offence to her mistake" she whispered to him, he then sigh and slowly let go of Cecilia.

The two then talked to each other and left the two siblings behind, Emman then quickly approached her and then grabbed her hand to their table, where the twins are seated, eating desserts without a care. The two then sat on the table.

"Cecilia, in the duration of this party, please stay here , I don't want you to get hurt if the emperor might change his mind about your actions" He said to Cecilia in a worried tone, Cecilia nodded, although frustrated about her predicament. Emman then patted her head and got up,. He's a heir of a ducal house, he must build his network even though he's in a foreign land, his family needed allies due to their lands being near Obelia, just right through the borders.

Cecilia is left there with the twins, who are in the company of each other, talking while eating the food in their plate, although Cecilia noticed some younger ladies that are in her brother's age looking at them, "oh hell no" Cecilia thought and glared at them, they are six for God's sake, they aren't even near their puberty. Thankfully the girls noticed her glare and quickly backed off, Cecilia smiled, good, they should know better.

While she's looking around at the ball festivities going around, she noticed that someone was missing, "eh, probably it's the stuffy older noble ladies" she thought while looking at her younger brothers who are eating, this suddenly make her feel hungry.