Part 3- Dawn

It was peaceful outside. The lush grass and clear blue sky made the day look brighter and more hopeful.

However, Dawn wasn't hopeful in the slightest. She had traveled all night and she had ended up even more lost than when she had started. 

This wasn't good. 

Dawn sighed, and trudged through the springy undergrowth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She hadn't eaten all night. The only thing she had eaten since she got lost was that bird yesterday, and Dawn didn't know how to catch another one. 

Dawn was so tired. She had been walking all day, and Dawn was sick of the wilderness. She just wanted to go home, curl up in her cat bed, and sleep for a week. She wasn't even sure if she was going in the right direction  anymore. As sunset came, Dawn was ready to pass out. She found the nearest patch of soft dirt, lay down, and she was immediately asleep. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Dawn!

Dawn, honey. Come home! 

Where are you?

Dawn envisioned her owners crying out her name, terrified that they would never see her again. Dawn envisioned her owners crying at the table, putting out kibble in hopes Dawn would be lured back into her safe haven. 

Dawn envisioned that she never came home.

Where are you, Dawn?

Come home, please.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Dawn's whiskers were wet when she woke up.

She shook herself, recovering almost immediately, and suddenly she realized how thirsty she was. 

Where is water?

Dawn remembered there was a stream at the last spot she rested at, but she didn't exactly remember where that was. 

She walked slowly through the forest, painfully aware of how parched her throat was. It felt like someone was rubbing sandpaper on her tongue and throat. 

Dawn felt weak, like her limbs were jelly. She had just slept! Why was she so tired? 

Suddenly, she heard water. Her ears perked up and Dawn started stumbling to the source as fast as she could.

She didn't see the ground drop out from underneath her.

She was falling. The air rushed through her whiskers as she desperately tried to balance herself. When Dawn looked down, she saw rushing water rising up to meet her.

Splash!

The first thing Dawn registered was cold. Cold coursing through her whole body, so cold she could feel it reverberating through her bones. 

The next thing Dawn registered was that she couldn't breathe. She desperately flailed to the surface of the river, trying to hold in her breath so she didn't breathe in a lungful of water. She finally broke the surface and took a deep, gasping breath, right before she was plunged back into the water.

At this point, Dawn's limbs were screaming in agony. She had never swum before, and she hated the sensation of it. Her fur felt so cold and waterlogged, and her whole body felt heavy. She swam to the surface again, and this time managed to get a hold of a stray piece of wood. She clambered on top of the wood and flopped out on top of it. The air felt so warm compared to the freezing water, and her fur was quickly drying.

Her rest was short-lived though. As the river frothed and writhed, the log overturned and Dawn was sent plummeting back into the freezing water. She was so surprised that she gasped, inhaling a mouthful of river water. Dawn choked, but kept inhaling water. 

Suddenly, she felt herself tipping. She was falling again. 

This time, it was a waterfall. A great, magnificent, deadly waterfall. With sharp rocks at the bottom. 

Dawn braced for impact.

It didn't do anything to stop the pain though. When she hit the rocks, pain seared through her body and she felt blood pouring out of the wound on her back. 

Her vision was getting progressively more blurry every time she blinked, and she could see darkness creeping up on the edges of her vision.

Dawn made it to the side of the river, and collapsed on the soft grass. Her vision was spinning, and at least half of it was obscured with something dark.

She couldn't hold on any longer. She was tired. So tired. 

Dawn gave into the darkness holding her hostage.

A/N

Wow I haven't wrote on this story in so long.

701 words.

Not very long, but I thought I could end it here. 

Yeah, I read the last chapter and last A/N, and I seem very hyper.

Not anymore though lol

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

There might be another one today ;)

idk tho

bye