Working it Out

CALLIE'S POV:

Arizona finally began to relax so I decided to start of the conversation. Turning my body to look at her I just told the truth, "Arizona you really broke me, and I fell down in this deep hole of not knowing what to do because I didn't know how to react or what to do with life. When I told you that one day that I was happy, I meant it. After the divorce though, it felt like all of my happiness melted away. I broke up with Penny, because I couldn't love her the same way I love you. Sofia witnessed me have a huge panic attack, and all I could say to explain to our child was that I missed you. I am so desperate to make this work. I want you back Arizona, I want to love you like I once did. I need you back, I need Sofia to have both of her mother's back, but this won't work if you don't work with me. It's gonna take me a while to trust you like I use to". By the time I finished talking I was sobbing loud. Arizona pulled me onto her lap and held my shaking body close to hers, while whispering sweet nothings into my ear. "I love you so much Calliope Torres. I want to make this work. I need it to work. I love you too much to hurt you like I did, and I know you wouldn't ever hurt me. I'm never gonna let go, I'm never gonna give up on you Calliope". Arizona whispered into my ear. I lifted my hear from her chest and placed my lips onto hers. Kissing her passionately but soft as the same time. I never wanted to let go, ever again. I took a long breath and spoke pleadingly, "Please don't leave...please". Arizona chuckled, "I won't lovely, I'm here". Arizona pulls me back into her and I just melt in her arms. I listen to her heartbeat, and reflect on how much we've been through. I feel Arizona kiss the top of my head, "what's going on in that brain of yours hm?" she asks. Smiling I straddle her lap and kiss her nose before saying, "just thinking about everything we've been through. Thank you for wanting to try again. I didn't want to lose you". She pulls my face into hers and kisses me slow, just the way we both like it. "Callie, Sofia told me you have nightmares...and that you call out my name in the middle of the night, what's that about baby?". I took a deep breath, "I don't sleep good anymore without having you by my side, and recently I've been having these dreams about something bad happening to you...Penny would yell at me because I yelled your name out at night". I took a shaky breath and really didn't want to talk about Penny anymore. Penny always made life harder because I was with Sofia all the time, and because I would call Arizona. I guess Arizona could tell I started to drift off in my thoughts because she brought a brownie up to my mouth and make a gesture for me to bite into it.

Three Hours Later:

Arizona and I were knocked out sleep when we heard a knock on our bedroom door. I didn't move at first but then I heard a tiny and scared voice coming from behind the door and I immediately knew it was Sofia.  Arizona jumped up hearing her voice and almost hit her head on the nightstand but I was lucky enough to catch her. "Slow down baby, I got her" I said surprised at how hard she jumped. Arizona smiled looking at me and said, "I love hearing you call me baby again". I giggled before opening our bedroom door to find Sofia with her favorite blankets and stuffed animals. "Hey sweet girl, what are you doing up so early? It's 3 in the morning" I asked picking her up off of the floor. "I was asleep and there was this humungous monster chasing us. It caught mommy and we started running after the monster trying to get her back. The monster looked observant of it's surrounding and when it saw us it dropped mommy off a cliff and then did the same thing to us".  Sofia was always very expressive with her choice of words so I wasn't surprised when she began to use words that a normal 7 year old would never use nor know the meaning of. I calmed Sofia down before lying her in the bed between Arizona and I. "momma" Sofia mumbled tiredly. "I'm here princes, mama's here" I said hoping she'd relax and fall back asleep. I heard breathing to start to hitch, and I thought Sofia was struggling to breath lying so close between us. "Sofia baby are you okay?" I questioned worried. She didn't answered so I looked up at Arizona. Who I thought was Sofia's breathing hitching was actually Arizona's. "Hey hey hey why the tears baby, why are you crying?". Arizona answered taking a shaky breath, "I-I'm just so h-h-happy to have my f-family back together a-a-again" she stuttered trying not to cry again. I opened my arms for her to come around to the other side of the bed and lay on the other half of me. Once she got comfortable she began to close her eyes. When I knew both of my girls were peacefully sleeping I closed my eyes and fell asleep as well.

__________________________________________

PSA: I think this chapter is a little shorter than the first chapter, sorry about that. I just wanted to make a new chapter before putting in my new ideas.

pls vote!!