21.

"All I want for Christmas is love."
-the author
____________________________

"-the author____________________________

continued....

Omniscient

Hazel looked at the thick bricks of white powder. Bashar looked at it holding the same expression. She knew it wasn't her mother, so why was her father hiding drugs in the home and why so much? If money was this tight why didn't he seek financial help or advice? Instead he was hiding the worlds most popular drug. A door opened downstairs, Hazel and Bashar both froze.

"Hazel!" A deep voice called.

"Hide." Hazel said, and Bashar didn't budge.

"I'm not hiding. I'll just say I came to check up on you, which I did." Bashar said, motioning for her to get up. Hazel stood up and went to the door. Hesitant on whether she should act sleep  or go through the window.

"Hazel!" That voice didn't sound like her father.

"Uncle Troy?" Hazel called back. She made her way down the stairs with Bashar close behind.

"Niece, where 'yo dad at?" He asked. He wore a leather jacket, white t, and jeans. His face was fixated on a natural mean mug but he meant no harm. His eyebrows looked freshly done, and his tims brand new.

"I don't know. He took off weeks ago, haven't seen him since. I call and text but no response." Hazel shrugged, she didn't call 911 because he'd always come back.

"What, weeks ago?" Troy said in disbelief.

"But Unc, I think there's something you need to see." Hazel admitted, playing with her fingers.

"What's wrong?" Hazel led him upstairs to the guest bedroom where she discovered the hidden drugs.

"What the fuck?" Troy said, astonished. "Did you know this was here?" Hazel shook her head no. "This is a pack of ten, which is at least worth worth at least two hundred fifty- thousand dollars." He explained shaking his head.

"Oh my god." Hazel said, sitting on the bed.

"Hazel, you may need to move." Hazel eyes for wide.

"Move? Move where, I have no where else to go." She said.

"If the police were to find this, your father would be in some big trouble." Troy began to think. "I tell you what, I'll take it and hide it at my place. I'll get this wall repaired and we act like this never happened." Not for sure of what to say she nodded her head. She didn't really know what to do.