Chapter 16: You're my person

I wake up in my own bed under my covers, the morning sun beaming bright on my face.

I reach up, covering the light with my hand and roll over with an annoyed sigh.

"Is the sun bothering you?" I hear Connor say.

I smile, feeling my stomach twist in excitement from the sound of his voice. I finally open my eyes to see Connor laying next to me on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

I smile again. "Yes, it is." I say, tucking my hands under my cheek and looking at him.

"Last night was.. something else." Conner says, the corner of his mouth pulling into a smirk.

"Never thought in a million years I'd be having sex with an Android." I say with a grin.

"Did you enjoy yourself..? This is all very new to me. I'm sorry if I was doing things wrong." Connor says, turning his head to look at me.

I laugh a little. "I did enjoy myself. And no, I didn't mind." I say, picking my hand up again and gently touching his nose with my finger.

There is a brief moment of silence. Our eyes stay fixed on each other.

"You're my person." I finally say.

"You're Android." Connor says grinning ear- to- ear, correcting me.

"No, my person." I say with a smile.

_

I fix the collar of my shirt, reaching up and smoothing it down before tucking it into my pants.

"Have you seen my jacket?" Connor says, looking around him with his shirt and tie in his hands.

"Oh, I'll go get it. One second." I say, already walking out of the room.

I grab it off of the side table, turning back around.

I hear a knock at the door.

I look at it over my shoulder before walking back over and setting the jacket back down.

I open it up to see Hank.

I shake my head a little and furrow my eyebrows. "Hank? What are you.. doing here?" I ask with a smirk.

"Hey Y/N, sorry I know it's early but I've been looking for Connor all morning. Any idea where that piece of shit might be?" He asks, shrugging.

A small flame of fury lights inside of me. I didn't want him to talk about Connor like that, but I didn't want him to suspect he might be here.

My eyes widen a bit, pursing my lips. "Uhhh nope. I have no clue. But I'll be in later, I'll come help you find him." I say nodding.

Hank nods with me. "Alright." He says with a sigh, turning to walk away.

"Y/N? Did you find it?" Conner says behind me.

I turn my head in horror to see Connor adjusting his belt, shirtless.

I look at him with very wide eyes and shake my head, waving my hands at him as a sign to go away.

It was too late, Hank saw everything.

"Oh... Lieutenant?" Conner says, looking at Hank as I cover my face in embarrassment.

"...Thanks Y/N... don't need your help anymore more." Hank says, reaching for my door handle, shutting it behind himself.

I cover my mouth, looking at Connor.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was here." Connor says with a half smile.

I slowly reach over and pull his jacket off of the table and handing it to him as I look at the ground, my thoughts racing.

"What a great day to go back to work, huh?" I say, putting my hand on my forehead in embarrassment as I go back into my room, getting Connors shirt and tie.

"What was Hank doing here?" I hear Connor ask in the living room from my room as I get my shoes, and his shirt and tie.

I walk back out, taking his shirt from the pile of clothes and handing it to him.

"He was looking for you at the station and came to see if I knew where you could possibly be.." I say, watching as he buttons up his shirt.

"I doubt he will say anything at all." Conner says, tucking in his shirt.

I grab his tie and pull it over his head, tying it for him.

"He's probably gonna want to talk to me when we get there." I say quietly, smoothing down his shirt.

Connor pulls his jacket over his shoulders and adjusts his tie. "I don't think Hank is the type of guy to go around spreading rumors. He's probably just as embarrassed as you are."