Only Fools Love (Part 1)

MEN ALWAYS WANT TO BE HEROES. What could be more compelling to a man than a vulnerable woman? It is nothing, but their ability to control the wheels of their emotions. Hazel was no exception.

Hazel lifted her body as carefully as she could - no inexplicable bruises - she moved slowly towards the edge of the wall, it was the first time Greg hit her. Hazel drifted back to reality as she heard the music startup, tiny, spooky, and weird as it gradually filled the air, she looked up in terror as a bead of water ran down her glass of lemonade, a short man stood in the corner peeping around. Hazel, a former banker, white and chubby Canadian lady waited in a hotel's restaurant for her date's arrival, 10 minutes later and there was no sight of him, she picked up her phone, peered at the screen and it read;

'Atlantic hotels and suites, 8 pm.'

Hazel was sitting furious to her clit, she skimmed through the pictures her date had sent her yesterday and nursed her lemonade.

she had ordered the lemonade earlier after feeling odd about an empty table space. A huge-shadow appeared behind her, she turned around, a bald man in a blue, fine suit placed his hand on her shoulder. Without giving her a chance to grasp his presence he spoke. 'Hazel, I am sorry my meeting took longer than expected.' Hazel ignored his apology as she sniffed the air from his perfume scent, Hazel could tell he was one who had a great deal of wealth. He gave her a glance as he proceeded to sit down. 'it's alright, it's alright! but I just hate being delayed I have just been keeping myself company with my friend.' Hazel said, raising her glass of lemonade and smiling. The man bit his lower lip and did not seem to hide his lustful look for her. Hazel saw his eyes hover around her body and did not hesitate to ignore him and look around.

'Welcome to Atlantic!' a tiny female voice said, drifting the man back to reality. It was the waitress. She smiled at the man handing him the menu, he ordered the item 2 of the menu and passed the menu to Hazel who ordered the Item 3 and 7, she released the menu to the waitress.

'are you going to have all of that?' her date quizzed surprisingly.

'I guess so.' Hazel shrugged. 'So tell me how you like this place?' her date inquired.

'I like the candles.' Hazel said, the moment her phone let out a buzz that caught them unaware, she declined the call and turned to speak to her date, the phone let out a loud buzzing sound once again, it felt like her phone had other plans, the man beckoned on her to receive the call, Hazel received the phone, she immediately wore a devasted look as she spoke to the caller on the other end. 'She promised me she was going to be alright, why are all these happening?' Hazel asked, and cut the caller short by hanging up and bowed her head low, 'Hazel, what is wrong?' the man asked, 'Nothing that I cannot handle.' Hazel said looking at him with teary eyes, 'Hazel I can see you are not alright that was after you received that call, please tell me.' he further inquired, 'it is my sister, she suffered a spine injury during her sports time at school, the doctor said she will be fine at first but is now saying she may end up in a wheelchair without the necessary surgery.' Hazel said. The man looked at Hazel punch-drunk. 'Pathetic, I am touched by your story, how much does the surgery cost?' he asked.

'it cost about five thousand dollars.' Hazel stuttered.

'is that all to get your sister back on her feet?'

'apparently, I can only just hope she gets better.' Hazel said. After a minute of silence, her date reached for the inner pockets of his jacket. He pulled out a cheque, placed it on the table and signed on it he handed the piece of paper to Hazel, she pushed his hands back rejecting the cheque.

'Hazel do not try to play hard I insist you have this!'

Hazel gave him a startled look, she had not experienced such generosity. 'thank you, Ben, this will go a long way.' she managed to say putting the cheque into her purse. Two tables away, a distressed waiter hurried their direction carrying a tray filled with glasses of Chapman, he got to Hazel's table, tripped over an object and all the glasses of Chapman came flying to Hazel's body.