Chapter four

Marinette grabbed my hand and helped me up as she looked around to make sure no one was watching us.

"Alright, let's go." Marinette whispered and started running toward the exit in the back of the park.

She pulled me along with her and I wasn't complaining.

I let my footsteps become even as we ran fatter and farther away from the class.

"Where should we go?" Marinette asked as she looked behind us.

I honestly had no idea. But I knew something I always wanted to do.

"Tag, you're it!" I tapped Marinette's arm and dashed of down the street.

"Oh, you're going down!" Marinette yelled, and she started chasing me down the streets of Paris.

I rounded a sharp corner just before Marinette could make contact with my back.

"Ah! You play dirty!" Marinette yelled after me and I cackled.

As I rounded another corner, I saw the park ahead.

Crap I ran in a circle.

Was I going to let that stop our fun? Nope.

I ran right back into the park and spotted the Carousel.

I ran past the line of small kids and ignored their shouts and protests. I jumped over the rope blocking off the carousel and leapt right onto the carousel.

I held on to one of the poles as I looked around and grinned.

I saw Marinette's shocked face as she watched me go around in a circle.

I stick out my tongue and Marinette's jaw dropped.

She grinned and jumped onto the carousel herself.

I shrieked and started running around to avoid her.

"I'm gonna get you, Gami!" Marinette called.

"Good luck with that!" I shouted as I swerved past a pole.

An idea popped into my head and I hopped onto a horse.

Marinette ran right past me, looking for someone who wasn't on a horse. I giggled as I bobbed up and down.

Marinette stopped a few horses behind me with a confused look on her face.

She looked around as she started running down the rows.

"Kagami?" She called as she walked past me.

I jumped off of the horse as quietly as I could, but Marinette whirled around so quickly I fell over.

"HA!" She shouted as she caught me and she laughed. "You're it!"

She let me go as my feet became steady and jumped off of the carousel.

I tried to calm my firey cheeks and ran after Marinette again.

Marinette was running right towards her class again, but she didn't seem to care.

Marinette giggled as she jumped onto a picnic table where people were playing chess.

"EXCUSE ME!" Marinette laughed as she tiptoed around pieces and jumped off.

She stumbled a bit on her landing and as I jumped down beside her, I tapped the back of her head and ran out of the park again.

"I'M COMING AFTER YOU, KAGAMI!" Marinette declared, and I giggled.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, SLOWPOKE!" I yelled back.