Dr. Phil x Reader

You sat in the stiff chair, glaring at the audience on the screen. Some still filtered in and others softly chatted amongst themselves. You began to bounce your leg impatiently. You were always a fan of the classic Dr. Phil show, but it made you very nervous to actually sit there with them making the first claim. Your mind swirled with the images of the disapproving gaze of the audience. Your eyes began to water and you put your will-power to work forcing them back down. A sudden hand on your shoulder made you jump. Your eyes shoot up and there they beheld a warm smile. Your eyes take in the person before you and it was him. The man, the myth, the legend, Dr. Phil. Your wide eyes locked on him and after a realization of your strange actions, your face flushes with embarrassment. A golden chuckle escapes his lips as his features twist slightly with kindness.

"I'm sorry to startle you!" He said, patting your shoulder. Your voice was caught in your throat, but thankfully he continued. "I just wanted to inform you that the show was about to start." His kindred smile was quick to warm your soul. Your heartbeat quickened as he leaned in. "Don't sweat it, dear. You'll do great!" His words of encouragement seeped into you as he gave you one final pat and walked away. Your face burst into flames and your chest stilled as you watched him walk to the stage. As soon as he was out of sight, your eyes flicked over to the monitor of the stage to keep a ghost of his presence still with you. A large exhale flowed out of your chest.

"I'll do great," You muttered to yourself breathlessly. You felt yourself sink deeper into your thoughts and surprise took hold as you began to think... feel feelings that you thought you'd never feel for a certain show-host. Like that the time went past and you didn't even pay attention to what they said! The next thing you knew, someone approached you seemingly listening mostly to their headset, and close behind them was a large camera.

"You're on." They said as they motioned to the path you were told beforehand to take when the time came. You feel yourself go into auto-pilot and sit in a chair with your begetter on the opposite side of the doc. You fear even glancing up at the audience as your stomach turns. Dr. Phil hums, gathering his words to question you.

"Well, Y/N... G/N has told a very different story than the one you do," Dr. Phil started. You nodded and he turned to G/N. You begin to disassociate from the situation and your eyes wander to the blue screens in the background. Thankfully, Dr. Phil had grabbed onto a point in your defense, pointing at you once or twice. He references you for a final time and your eyes snap over to him. You look between him and G/N, who seems to be at a loss for words.

Phil leans to the side, closer to you. You feel yourself leaning towards him as well. His eyes are caught in yours and you both are locked in an intense gaze. The wholesome glint in his eyes draws you even closer. You whisper to him.

"Are we about to kiss right now?"