three

In the medical tent lays the injured Percy Jackson.

Opening his eyes Percy is met with the bright sunshine making him immediately rub his eyes soothingly.

"Perce." he hears breaking him out of his thoughts.

Looking up he is met with the sight of Grover in all his glory. "I'm sure glad you're alive."

Sitting up Percy is met with a sharp pain in his shoulder, "ow." looking around he sees sick and injured people getting treated for their wounds. "Where am I? What is this place?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"The infirmary." Grover says. "You've been unconscious for three days."

His eyes widen in disbelief. "Three days?"

Grover nods his head in aggrement before coming to sit next to him. "So uh Perce." he says before pausing. "What do you remember?"

Percy scoffs before rubbing his forehead with the back of his hand. "Some crazy dream. I don't know. There was a monster. My mom was there. Mia Ashford was there but she had this bow and arrow. Uh you were there too, but you were some weird hybrid man goat thing..." he says.

He looks down only to come face to face with Grover's unclothed goat legs. "Woah!" he exclaims in shock.

"Yeah." Grover breathes out. "The politically correct term is satyr."

Pausing to process the new information Percy shakes his head turning to sit on the bed sideways. "No. No. No. All of it was real? My moms gone?" he asks heartbroken as he looks down.

Sighing Grover says, "I'm sorry Percy. I try man, I really do. But frankly, I'm just a junior protector. I don't have my horns yet. That's the whole reason Mia was sent with me. In case I needed back up."

At the mention of her name Percy picks his head up to look at Grover. "What do you mean that's why Mia was sent with you?" Furrowing his eyebrows in thought he lets out a groan. "Please tell me she's not going to turn into a half goat too."

Grover laughs, "She wishes." He pats him on the back before standing up. "Come on, I'll show you."

Groaning, Percy stands up as he lets Grover lead him out of the infirmary with his thoughts lingering on the aforementioned blonde.

"So, this is Camp Half Blood." Grover explains.

"Half meaning what?" Percy asks.

"I think you know. Half meaning half mortal, half god.- WOAH guys! Watch the arrows! Newcomer. Hello. Didn't Mia teach you guys anything?" Grover says protectively.

Mia? Percy thinks to himself. What does Mia have to do with anything?

"Look Man. Remember all the myths about Greek gods and goddesses? Well they're not myths." Grover says moving out of the way of an incoming arrow.

"Look, remember what Mr. Brunner said? Sometimes they come down to Earth and they fall in love with mortals, and then they have kids." he says motioning to Percy.

"No way." Percy says in disbelief.

"Yes way." he says before pausing. "YEP! You're a demigod! Two points for Percy Jackson!" he yells as he begins to laugh. "Look, don't worry, but you're not alone. There's hundreds in the world. Some lead normal lives, and some - I'm not allowed to divulge the names - are very famous. I'm talking about like White House famous." he says patting him on the chest before his eyes catch something in the distance.

"And some are closer than you think." Grover says as he looks in the distance.

"Huh?" Percy asks confused. Grover just points in the direction of what he's looking at.