epilogue

"My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue

"My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue. All's well that ends well to end up with you"

"How are you not hungover?" Emily groaned as she rubbed at her temples. You laughed softly, "Because I only had two drinks last night since I didn't want to be hungover for my wedding." You grabbed a Tylenol bottle before tossing it over to her. 

"Are we getting ready at Rossi's or here?" You asked her as you handed her a water bottle. "Here, I want to sleep some more. " You smiled "Emily, you aren't making me getting ready alone. I swear it's like I have four kids" 

"Fine I'll help you get ready, but you owe me" Emily sighed as she stretched "Your dress is in my room, did you bring Bella's?" You knew that you forgot something, "Nope, are JJ and Garcia coming over, or do I have to ask Spencer?" 

"I'll call Spencer" She assured you, "Now start getting ready, I'll make sure Bella is awake" You thanked her before heading to the bathroom to shower. You turned the water on and adjusted the temperature. You peeled off your pajamas as you looked around the familiar bathroom. Spencer and you moved into a 4 bedroom house outside of the city around 2 months before the twins were born. 

You know that after today, you would probably never have to sleep in this apartment again. You would miss all of the pleasant memories that lingered here: your first kiss with Spencer, all of the late-night gossips with Emily, movie nights with Bella. The one thing you always hated about staying, the memories that lingered of your abuse. 

You stepped into the shower, closing the curtain behind you as you let the water envelop you.  You pumped the shampoo into your palm, lathering it in between your hands before working it into your scalp. You rinsed the product out of your hair, before running conditioner through the ends. You rinsed out the conditioner before washing your body, letting the scent overpower you. You lathered the soap over you, rinsing it off within the next few minutes. 

You turned the water off, pulling back the curtain and stepping out onto the cool tile floor. You grabbed a towel, wrapping it around you as you heard a knock on the door. "Y/N, Spencer's here," Emily told you, her voice muffled through the door.

You smiled softly as you twisted the doorknob, revealing Emily holding the two matching dresses for Bella and Amara. "I'll be right there, I just need to get dressed." She nodded, heading into Bella's room to hang up the dresses while you went to hers.  You grabbed an old t-shirt and a pair of shorts, pulling them on after you dried yourself off. 

You heard the soft patter of footsteps before Spencer's voice "I missed you last night." You grinned turning around to face him, Amara in his arms with Ezra standing next to him. "Mm, I missed you too" You cooed as you picked Ezra up, holding him on your hip. Spencer adjusted Amara onto his hip, wrapping his free arm around your waist. 

"I love you" he muttered as he kissed your temple, a smile tugged at your lips as you saw the twins' exchange looks before their giggles filled the room, "I love you too," you whispered back before turning your attention to the pair of toddlers. "Were you two good for daddy last night?" Ezra and Amara nodded, Amara reached out for you with her tiny hand while Ezra laid his head on your shoulder.