Chapter 43. Goblet Of Fire ☾

A/N: Happy New Year Everyone...wish you all a very happy 2021❤ All familiar content is from The Goblet of Fire pp. 235-287

The first month and a half of classes went by as usual. Professor Snape seemed to take a different approach to Harry's learning this year. Somehow, he had even gained five points to Gryffindor during his first class. Everyone asked him how he did it, afterwards. He still claimed to not know.

One particular day, the Golden Trio and Dragon were on their way to classes, talking of the arriving schools that night. They noticed on the board that someone had posted a sign. It read,

"TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT: The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at six o'clock on Friday the Thirtieth of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the welcoming feast."

"Brilliant!" Ron cheered. "It's Potions last thing on Friday. Snape won't have time to poison us all."

Both Harry and Draco glared at the redhead. That was totally unfair to Professor Snape, and he was a professor! He deserved their respect! Harry shook his head. Since when did I think that? He wondered.

Harry, Hermione, and Draco headed down to Potions class, on that particular Friday. Neville close behind. He overheard every word the trio said, and it made him decide to keep a closer eye on his friends.

"Wonder what he'll have us doing?" Hermione asked. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Whatever he did last time." He whispered quietly. Hermione shrugged.

When they walked in, they took their usual seat in the front. Harry sat back and got out his quill and parchment. Professor Snape walked in and told them to put their wands away.

"Today, we will be discussing theory rather than brewing a potion. This way, we will not be interrupted by our early departure." Professor Snape reasoned. He began lecturing on the proper stirring patterns for healing potions. Harry and Hermione took turns answering questions, and Draco sat there looking bored out of his mind. Before they knew what happened, the end of the day came.

They all put their things away and lined up at the entrance. Dragon stood between Draco and Harry, and Severys was wrapped loosely around Draco's neck. Durmstrang came from Black Lake and Beauxbatons from the sky. Dragon began panting heavily when the Beauxbaton girls arrived.

Dumbledore started to clap. The students following his lead, started to applaud, many of them standing on tiptoe to get a better look at the Headmistress of Beauxbaton. Her face relaxed into a gracious smile and she walked forward toward Dumbledore, extending a glittering hand.

"My dear, Madame Maxime. Welcome to Hogwarts." Dumbledore greeted. Harry noted the amount of posturing that had occurred during the original timeline.

"Dumblydore." Madame Maxime said in a deep voice. "I 'ope I find you well?"

Dumbledore similarly greeted Karkaroff, while the rest of the school move into the Great Hall and sat down. Harry began getting bored. Could they just get onto the part where everyone wanted to kill him? Harry's thoughts were interrupted by a French feminine voice.

"Excuse me, are you wanting zee bouillabaisse?" Fleur asked him. He shook his head to rid himself of his thoughts.

"Hi, Miss...?" Harry started. She had finally removed her muffler. A long sheet of silvery blonde hair fell almost to her waist. She had large, deep blue eyes and very white even teeth. Ron went purple. He went to reply, but nothing came out except a faint gurgling noise. Dragon stood up from where he was laying and barked playfully at the girl.