I

"...lisa"

...

"E...isa?"

....

"Miss Elisa, please wake up!"

I squinted at the bright sunlight in my face, and my brows furrowed at the loud voice.

"Miss Elisa, are you finally awake now?"

I slowly sat up and looked around me.
That's strange, I don't recognize anything in this room. Whose bed am I in? Wait, when did I fall asleep..?

"Miss..?"

I finally acknowledge the owner of the unfamiliar voice and look over to my right to see a stranger present in the room I was presumably asleep in.

The feeling of shock and realization finally started to sink in. That's right, my chest, it was hurting like crazy. Now it feels perfectly normal.

"W...who the heck are you??" I blurted out, but the voice that came out was not mine. It was a much sweeter sounding, smooth voice of a young girl. Even though I intended to raise my voice, it still sounded quite gentle.

"H-huh?" The woman dressed in a maid attire looked shocked at my question.

Why is she shocked..I'm supposed to be the most surprised one here! Seriously, where am I and who is this person? I began to scoot away from her, just in case I needed to make an escape.

"M-Miss...I'm your maid, Rose."

"Rose? I don't know a 'Rose'. What do you mean you're my maid? I didn't hire anyone-"

That's right, I never had a maid or anything of that sort. I'm too broke to hire someone.

"A-and, where am I? This doesn't look like my college dorms."

Rose was bewildered now, I could see beads of sweat accumulating on her face.
"Miss Elisa, I've served you for 10 years now since you were 7 years old. It's quite unusual for you to joke around like this, I must admit, I'm not used to it...haha."

What was that awkward laughter...and I wasn't even joking around. Is this some kind of cruel prank? I glanced around a final time. Wait a second, did she just call me Elisa? Speaking of which, she's been calling me 'Miss Elisa' this whole time hasn't she?

My gaze slowly traveled back to the woman next to me, and I decided to stare into her round brown eyes. I was trying my best to calm down, so I took a deep breath. 

"Rose...what is my name?"

?
"You're Miss Elisa."

I shook my head and she titled hers to the side, seemingly confused at my request.

"My full name", I clarified.

"Oh, then of course you're Miss Elisa Griffith!"

Elisa....Griffith. My heart dropped to my stomach and I hunched over in shock. Nausea and migraines took over me.

Ugh!

"M-Miss?!!", Rose rushed over to me, her hands supporting both of my shoulders. Her shaky voice was being muffled by the ringing in my ears, so I could no longer hear what she's saying.