Chapter 11: Limit And Temper.

FIVE YEARS AGO...

Y/N P.O.V.      Location: Tatooine.

The images continue to play through my mind as I clutch my master's saber to my chest. My focus wanes, and my makeshift prosthetic continues to leave behind bits and pieces behind as I stumble through the barren, sandy wastes.

It was on Bogano. I had just barely managed to escape HIS wrath. His blade plunged into my master's chest, and as Master Kestis crumpled to the ground, lifeless, HIS gaze turned to me as I fled towards the Mantis. The closer he got, the more I panicked. In my attempt to put more distance between me and the black knight, I made the star destroyers fall from the sky.

As I crumple to the ground, my grip on the force finally fading out, the trash composing my fake leg crumbles and falls apart. I fall to the ground, my senses failing to provide me with any information. I can smell nothing but the dry arid heat, my vision continues to blur, I am suddenly plagued by tinnitus, and my body slowly becomes numb. I have no more food or water, and I'm likelier to die of heatstroke before any aid can come to me.

Accepting what was to become my fate, I close my eyes, and wait for my end to come

Before I know it, a chill runs down my spine. 

The awareness of a dark presence filling my mind. 

The tinnitus fades out. 

The grinding footsteps in the sand grow louder.

I look up.

The abyss gazes back with only two yellow rings to set it apart.

I begin to hear voices dance upon the sand as my consciousness begins to collapse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.     SEVERAL DAYS LATER...    Location: Coruscant - Prison.

When I next wake, I'm lying on my back, in a small room, stricken with another case of tinnitus. I have no prosthetic, and sitting up becomes a trial when both mind and body remember the beating that happened prior when I attempted to resist. I killed two men, turned four into paraplegics, and ripped the last one in half.

When I finally manage to sit up, I notice several blurry black figures behind a translucent wall of hard light. Looks like my captors deigned me dangerous enough to assign me an armed honor guard of purge troopers.

Two new figures appear, and the others shy away. I can barely make out what they're saying through the ringing in my ears.

(?????) - W--t --all we do w--- h--?

(?????) - ---ng h-m t- th- Em----r. H- wan-'- to spe-- w-th -im.

There's pause for a moment, before the wall disappears, and the guards step inside. They prod me with their staves, sending electricity pulsing through my body. They remove the sticks after a few moments, and begin to drag me by my arms. 

They bring me to a lift, and we begin to rise.

My vision clears enough to recognize one of the figures: The Black Knight who killed my master.

Darth Vader.

Phantom pains begin to wrack my body as a hoarse wail escapes from my throat. The doors open, and everything goes white.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT TIME.

Y/N P.O.V.

(Camilla) - Y/N! Are you alright?!

My older sister stands over me, clearly worried. I feel like I'm just waking up from a horrible dream...