Recording 3: Diplomacy and Matrimony

When the construction of the expansion was completed roughly six months after the hostage crisis, we began to spend the majority of our time at home. At the same time, Exonaut soldiers provided us with morse code poles so we could communicate with each other from different parts of town. It was also about the time when a man named Ean became known around our city. Ean was a man whom everyone hated, including the kids. He became infamous for being an extremist, forcing people who worked for him at the local factory to work really long hours. These long hours were accompanied with really low wages which was a literal recreation of the Great Depression workers in factories. I hated the man so much especially since his brother held Jessica's family hostage. In addition to his shrewd business practices, he also believed in having one person in control over the whole city. Ironically, nobody out of the near five hundred people agreed with his stance nor wanted him near power over the entire city. He has become the epitome of extremism. While he began to raise to his infamous self, Angel and I began to treat each other more like a couple. I loved her so much and I couldn't stand to be without her. Often times when I would go work on Bill's farm, Angel would come along, collecting eggs and loving the animals while I collected the crops out in the field. At this time of year, Bill and I would collect the soybean plants. Unlike most people in town, I never had to worry about Angel cheating on me. Many women in the town would try to get freaky with other men, but often times, these relationships would be overlooked by every person in town.

Angel was a very sweet girl. She loved to dance to the old music that was recorded on the vinyl, often playing it very loud by using a phonograph. In addition to dancing, she loved to clean which was quite strange. I never minded that she wanted to clean and listen to music at the same time. It only allowed me to go out into the woods from time to time and conduct experiments. One of the most amazing experiments was the trebuchet , a device that I tested for months. I built the massive contraption out of wood, nuts, and bolts which held the frame together. The crank allowed me to cock the arm back, loading ammunition through there. Buying anti inflammatory material for the sling portion, I will be able to complete the most protective defensive mechanism. If given the call, I can time my shot just right to explode any car coming down the main road. The explosive ammunition is perfect for protection since the only people who come down the road to my house either want to talk to me or want to kill me. Anyways, there were many days where I would spend my day outside conducting experiments then writing down all results in the office.

After a couple months of Ean being apart of the city, he grew to be well liked by people on the southern part of town. The southern part of town was very suburban with every building being an apartment. They were considered the slums simply because everyone was stacked on top of each other. Clothes hung on lines from balcony to balcony, pole to pole, and kids would sit on the porches with their mothers. These people who demanded major power for leadership practically split the entire city in half. Yes, we had a form of government similar to feudalism, but Ean was forced into our government because he represented the southern section of the city. Ironically, his part of town had the most violent crimes, while the northern part of town rarely had a problem with criminals. When we presented this information to Ean, he simply proclaimed, "My southern section is a blue collared area where people join together to make a difference. They are nowhere close to your white collared friends." This proclamation angered me because we were the people making the goods and the entire city run smoothly up until he came in and wanted to change the dynamic. It was his people who consumed the majority of the resources in our city, not us.

Ean's semantics were too much for me, but I kept my opinions to myself. Angel knew that the days I had those democratic meets, the nights were going to be filled with her listening to me rant about the stupidity of Ean's policy. She never stopped me once and complained about me ranting all night. Angel sat there in silence for hours on end until I got it all out. Many times, she recorded me so I could hear some of the interesting ideas I proposed through my anger.

Between the monthly democratic meetings, there was time for me to be myself. I loved to go down the schools and read to the children. To see their smiles and lively eyes, I knew that the future of society would be great with their existence. For months, I went down to the school by myself to read to the kids, but one day, I took Angel for a special day. She didn't know what was going on other than I was going to introduce her to the young kids of the school. Each kid walked into the library where Angel and I sat, they all sat on their posters, hiding them from her. She thought this was rather strange she admitted to me, but she forgot about this detail when I handed her the book to read the story. As she became deeply indulged in the book, she kept her eyes sealed into the author's lines which work according to the plan. Secretively, I signaled the kid in front of me to lift up his sign. One by one, the children lifted the signs and Angel kept reading. When all of the signs were up, it was only a matter of time before she would the message. As Angel finishes the sentence, she looks up and her mouth dropped. Smoothly, I got onto a knee, with the ring out, and proposed to her with signs saying "Marry me?". She screamed, "Yes! Yes! I do! I do!" Later that day, we had the marriage ceremony and went home to our secluded house where we had the most memorable night of our lives.