three

|| here's something I painted of Journey that mimics the book's cover! Ignore her hand, I cannot draw/paint hands to save my life||

ABRAXAS MALFOY stood arrogantly at the clocktower, shoulder's leaning against the clock's foundation, legs outstretched. Per usual, he looked put-together; A crisp white shirt hidden beneath the confines of a black sweater vest, along with pressed black pants and a flashy silver watch. 

He exuded an intimidating air, but Journey didn't let that domineer her confidence. She reminded herself that he asked her, not vice versa. 

So, with a chin held up high, she strode his way, meeting those cold grey eyes with an unwavering poise. 

He smirked. 

She flipped him off. 

The boy held out his pale fingers in hope that Journey would grasp them, but was forced to retract when she brushed past his shoulder. His tight grin loosened at her willfulness, and he found himself jogging slightly to catch up with her pace. 

               "You look..." He let the words get swallowed by the atmosphere while the gears in his head stopped spinning. 

Abraxas was not an enigma, unlike his leader. One knew what they were getting into when meeting his flirtatious stare or accepting his flighty offers. No romance, no repeats, no relationship. He didn't leap after women, instead he awaited them to approach him, enjoying the power their submissiveness provided his ego. 

So, when the normally reserved Journey Williams pranced towards Hogsmeade village with a fearless glint piercing through her iris,  Abraxas found himself doing the impossible— he chased; figuratively and quite literally. 

Whether her confidence delightfully surprised him or just surprised him plainly, he wasn't aware, but the way all thoughts vanished his mind and rendered him stagnant had him assuming the former.  

Journey herself was confused by his behavior, for the Abraxas she knew had a tongue as sharp as knives and a wit as quick as a Cleansweep-Comet broom. His vigilance was something that attracted her to him, so she was desperate for his charm to return before the air between them grew awkward. When he neglected to continue his sentence, she felt obligated to snap him out of his trance.

               "Beautiful? Stunning? Otherworldly?" She mused. 

His head seemed to return to his body at her jokes, though his arrogance, something she'd grown to recoil at, yet secretly enjoy, was only about half existent as it usually was. 

               His dirty blond eyebrows danced around and his eyes rolled about feigning annoyance, but the smile he failed to hold back gave him away, "I was going to say brutal, but now that you mention it-" 

She gaped slightly, slapping the covered skin of his arm. "What a charmer you are." 

He shrugged, hands now in his pockets. "You'd be surprised, out of the hundreds of times someone's said that to me, you may be the first who meant it so sarcastically." He joked. She bit back a grin. "And-- you know, if at any time you're thinking, 'What a dimwit--' forgive me. I'm a bit of a beginner at this whole dating game." 

She held back a wince at his words. "Abraxas Malfoy, this is a date? Well then, I must turn around immediately." 

She turned her torso sideways slightly, feeling light as she heard the depth of his laugh. He quickly steadied his hands on her shoulder, tearing her back around towards him. 

               "Ah ah ah, I'm not letting you go that quickly." The two smiled at each other, uncharacteristically, and set off for Hogsmeade village.