Chapter 5

Gulf was awaken by the sound of his phone ringing. He answered with his eyes closed and with a voice still husky from sleep. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry I didn't get to take you home. I have some urgent business to attend to."

It was Mew. He saw that the time was almost 11 pm. "It's okay. I know you're busy."

"Open the door."

Gulf paused mid-stretch. "What?"

"I'm outside your unit. I want to see you," Mew stated straightforwardly.

Gulf almost fell out of bed in a hurry to open the door. And Mew was really there, looking gorgeous and a little irritated. "Did you even double-checked the peephole? I might be lying and it could be someone else."

He don't want to argue so he ignored Mew's censure. "What are you doing here?" he asked instead.

Mew gave him a look that indicates his disapproval about Gulf's carelessness. "I told you that I want to see you."

"We just saw each other earlier."

"Invite me in."

"Are you a vampire?"

"Come on, tua eng."

Gulf's heart just skipped a beat at the endearment. He opened the door a little wider so Mew can enter.

"Have you had your dinner yet?" Gulf can't cook to save his life but he might try even if he burn the place down.

"I ate a little something on the way here," Mew answered while critically appraising his home, before finally glancing at Gulf and noticing the pajamas he's wearing. It was cat-patterned. "Cute."

It was getting late. And Gulf knows Mew was exhausted so he suggested something before he could change his mind.

Mew gaped at him. "What did you say?"

He repeated the words, his face flushing tomato-red. "I asked if you want to stay the night."

They stared at each other silently. There were a lot of things attached to that stare. Unspoken thoughts. Unanswered questions. Dormant emotions that was slowly coming back to life.

The two of them, they have some unfinished business. It started in high school. Feelings that they both stirred from each other. They were so young back then. And Gulf was scared, so instead of being honest he chose the cowardly way and tried to escape his fate.

But now they are grownups, and perhaps it was high time to face the truth. Mew has been waiting for him all this time, but truth of the matter is, the organ that's beating inside his chest? It hasn't been his for a long time. Along with the prince bunny, he gave it to Mew some ten years ago.