Ch.3 Partners

I sit there for all fifth period sitting straight forward listening to the teacher. I can feel Luke's eyes on the back of my head. Then the teacher says something that makes butterflies in my stomach flutter, and I think about Luke siting behind me.

"Ok class I have a project to assign you."
"Ugh" I hear all threw the room.
"Don't worry it's not hard you might even have fun." He smiles.
"Now you have partners, but I pick them, and you have to get to know them. I give you a paper with questions on it. You ask them, you what you're partner likes and dislikes. Then find out what you have in common." He gives us minute to digest what he just said.
"Then you will do some form of presentation on that." He gives us a big smile, I guess to encourage us.

He starts to read off partners. 'Please put me with Grace, PLEASE, PLEASE.' I repeat over and over again in my head.
"Grace Gomez and Collin Queen."
Grace turns around to Luke's friend, he gives her a huge smile, and she blushes. Dam it! She was supposed to be my partner. The teacher Mr. St. John continues and says...
"Samantha Blake, and Luke Maxfield ."
I get some evil glares from the girls in class without partners. I just give them a dirty look back. Then I feel my chair get turned around very quickly, and I am faced with blue eyes, and a smiling face.

" I guess that means we're partners beautiful." Luke says. Without permission. My checks turn red. Before Luke can comment on it, Mr. St. John interrupts.
"Ok class it's not an in class project. So you'll have to get together on your own time." he says.
I look up at Luke. He just takes my hand and writes down his number.
"Ok beautiful that's my number so we can get together and work on the project." He winks.

"Fine." I say trying to sound irritated.
"Don't call me beautiful." I tell him.
"I'm just saying the truth, BEAUTIFUL." He says emphasizing it.
Mr.St. John gives us our questions, for the project, and what we'll be expected to do and when it's due. Then we are free to talk, the last 30 minutes.

So me and Grace talk about out plans this weekend. Going shopping, and to the movies. Then Collin interrupts.
"Grace I thought we were supposed to work on our project this weekend?" He asks her with a confused look.
"Oh yeah Collin, I'm so sorry I totally spaced." She apologized, and looked at me.

"Sam I can't hang out Saturday." She says looking sorry.
"It's fine Ace, I'll do something else." I tell her, using her nickname to show that's it's fine. I've already forgiven her. Collin and Grace talk about going to her house to do the project. I look to Luke but he's already looking at me.

"So I since you don't have plans this weekend, I guess we can work on our project. My house noon?" He asks with a all knowing smirk.
" Ok fine." I write down my number and give it to him.
"Text me the address." The bell rings. I quickly get up, and make sure my ass swings as I walk.

Grace meets up with me in the hall, and says..
"Wow that was hot." She says smiling.
"I don't know what your talking about." I tell her.
"You using you're flirty voice and swinging you're ass." Grace replied.
"I was not I was being normal." I say.

"Sure you were babe. I saw the way you were looking at him, you want him." She says with a big smile.
"Even if I do Grace, I wouldn't know what to do. He has every girl after him, and I'm just me." Finally telling her and my self the truth.
"Oh honey you are not just you, you are amazing, hot, funny, smart, and you kick ass. Also in case you didn't notice, he wants you too." She tells me.

"He does not Grace, he could have any girl he wants." I say.
"Ok he looks at you like your it, dude the only one, and he just meet you. He wants you trust me." Grace tells me.
"Tell you what, dress supper hot Saturday, you'll see what I mean."
"Ok I will then you'll see I'm right." I say. "I'll see you later, gotta go to class. Bye Grace." I say, waving.

Right then and there I decide I'm gonna go after Luke. I don't care what anyone thinks. I want him.I'm gonna show him how much I want him on Saturday.