ch. twenty-six

*:

*:..。o○ twenty-six ○o。..:*

unedited.

Letting out a soft breath, she glanced around the room before entering - watching how Scott and Isaac had been chatting with their coach. She hesitated for a moment before turning on her heels but her brother's voice suddenly entered her mind.

"It won't help if you keep leaving everyone, you know? You barely even have registered your powers yet you're already starting trouble here in Beacon Hills," Klaus chuckled, leaning back against the Jeep. The two stood outside of school, watching everyone who had just watched the game leave in a hurry.

"I realise, brother... but what else do I do?"

That's when the hybrid stepped forward with a wide, mischievous grin. "You could... return back to New Orleans?"

Inhaling a deep breath, she once again turned back around and walked up to her friend and current boyfriend. "So what's the plan?"

"We've decided on finding him by scent-"

"Hold on, why do I get a shoe and you get a shirt?" Isaac mumbled out, his eyes still on the single shoe. When he looked up at Aine - his lips curled up into a small smile only to be snapped out of it by Scott who had been nudging him towards the two new guests.

"What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," Derek had responded to the omega, his body continuing to be still and tense. Aine glanced between the two men and wondered where she had seen the other before, letting out a small hum.

"Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott scoffed.

The man beside Derek spoke up, "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." 

Both wolves let out a chorus of 'shut up'. 

The taller wolf beside Scott decided to interject as he had been full of confusion. "Who is he?" 

"That's Peter, Derek's Uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat," Aine made a sound of realisation as she remembered the man.

"Hi," said male had raised his hand with a greeting. 

Isaac nodded. "That's good to know."

"Uh, question. How exactly is he alive again?"

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him." 

"Well, that's very helpful except... Jackson's dead," she rolled her eyes, pursing her lips.