Chapter 1

"Izuku!" Izuku jumped, his tail flapping rapidly under him. He turned to his cousin, who stared at him with her arms crossed. Her light green hair floated around her and her light blue tail beat the water, sending massive groupings of bubbles to the ceiling. The watercloth wrapped around her chest matched her tail.

Izuku smiled sheepishly, rubbing his head. "Yeah Jodi?"

"Are you even paying attention to me? We have to go." She said, swimming closer to him.

"Go where? I'm not finished with the story!"

"You've heard that story multiple times! Now come on, you need exercise!"

"It's not easy to find this kind of story anymore, Jodi. You know this. Also I do not need exercise! Go find Mina or one of them and race them!"

"But I wanna race you! They're all busy, and you're just listening to a story. A forbidden one I might add. If Grandmother found out-"

"She won't, Jodi. Trust me, I've managed to keep them hidden this long, haven't I?"

"You could still slip up."

"But I won't! Remember last time?"

"Last time where you nearly got us killed because of a stupid conch you misplaced? Yeah I sure do!"

Izuku chuckled, looking back in his memoires. He knew these shells were not supposed to be allowed but how can he resist? He liked reading romance. Guess you could call him a sap. Love, and any stories about love between Mer and Humans was forbidden in order to keep the Mer safe.

Hearing these kinds of stories also reminded him of a certain someone...He stared out the window, watching the sun reflect off the water. I wonder if he's still waiting...

"Come on." Jodi grabbed his wrists and swam off, dragging him behind her. Izuku yelped, the gills on the side of his neck flaring open before slamming shut again.

He let her drag him through the walls of their home, greeting Mer as they passed by. Many shook their heads, some frowned at them, and a few waved. The ones who waved were mostly their friends and the younger Mer. The ones who didn't think it weird for the two to be as crazy as they were.

Jodi pulled him up to their favorite windows, placing her hands on the right window's shelf. She looked at him and he positioned himself at the other shelf. The two got ready to heave themselves over, and at a simple ear flip from Jodi, they were off.

The two raced each other through the courtyard and the gardens, trying to reach the gates first. Because of their standing, neither of them could leave the grounds without proper protection. Not that that stopped either of them.

Izuku glanced up at Jodi, who was taking a more above approach to the gates. She thought it would get her there, but Izuku knew a trick.

He dove into the gardens and immediately turned left. He swam down the path at full speed, finding the secret opening. He slapped the stone rose with his tail fins, diving into the opening. It closed behind him.

He kept swimming down the darkened path, towards the light. He burst out, reaching the gates a minute before Jodi. She caught up to him huffily. "Rude."

"How?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know I can't use the secret passageways with the same ease as you."

"But I'm allowed to use them. You just do a straight shot, meaning you have to swim around the Statue. I just avoid it altogether."

Jodi stuck her tongue out at him and Izuku laughed, nearly flipping over himself. Jodi started talking, and Izuku zoned her out. He stared at the water past the gate. His hand reached out subconsciously for it.

"Izuku?" Jodi asked, touching his arm. He jumped and turned to her. She was giving him a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, smiling at her. "I'm fine, Jodi. You head on back. I wanna explore the gardens some more."

"Fifteen years and you still need to explore the gardens." Jodi said, rolling her eyes. She waved to him anyway, the webs between her fingers shimmering in the fading light. "Don't get lost."

"I won't." He waved, waiting for her to leave. The moment she was out of sight, Izuku dived towards the secret tunnel leading to his meeting place.

Izuku heard the call instantly. It was getting annoyed and Izuku knew he was late. He pushed himself faster, barreling into his arms. "You're late." Izuku poked his head up, frowning.

"Not by much..." he whined, giving him his best sea-guppy eyes.

"Fuck, nerd. You know I can't say no to that." Katsuki pushed him away and Izuku swam back, laughing.

The other Mer had ash-blonde hair that spiked around his head like a puffer fish. His ears were pressed flat against his head, but they were closed, meaning he was content. His crimson eyes smiled at Izuku, his mouth quirked into a faint version of it.

His chest was bare, covered in scars. Izuku never pressed him about them, their pasts were off-limit topics. It kept them safe. His black tail swayed back and forth, his beautiful fins swirling around it like a dress. The red streaks along the fins were matched by the red scales scattered throughout his tail and his body. His black gills flared, trying to convey annoyance. But Izuku knew better.

"Miss me?" he asked, swimming up to him. Katsuki wrapped his arms around Izuku as he laid his cheek on his chest. Katsuki rubbed his nose against Izuku's exposed cheek, making him giggle. "No, I just come here and interact with the random Mer everyday. Of course I miss you, nerd."

Izuku smiled and pressed a kiss to Katsuki's cheek, wrapping his arms around the other Mer's neck. "Good. Cause I miss you too~."

"Oh, I know that tone." Katsuki slowly separated from Izuku, giving him a playful smirk. "You need some kind of release?"

Izuku tackled him, and the two Mer crashed to the ground, their tails wrapping around each other instinctively. "It's so stressful!!" he exclaimed into Katsuki's chest.

Katsuki rubbed his back soothingly. "Calm down. It's okay. Just tell me what you need."

Izuku looked up at Katsuki and wondered how he had been blessed with this god of a Mer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...comment "Yay" or "Nay" if you want the non-censored version. There's a chapter between this and chapter 2 (Chapter 1.5) that is basically smut XD I used to write that on a daily basis so yeah. The version I have previously written is censored (my boyfriend reads this shit and gives me feeback and he doesn't really like reading that XD), so comment if you want the uncensored chapter. The .5 Chapters have no standing in plot, so you can skip them if you wish. Any "plot reveals" will be brought up in later chapters, so you will not be missing any major plot points if you skip the Smut Chapters. Comment pls XD

Jodi Midoriya shows up in almost every AU of mine. She's Izuku's half American, quirkless cousin on his mom's side (her dad and his mom are siblings) who works in hero support along with Mei and Melissa. Some AUs she knows that Izuku has a strange quirk and is a hero, some she doesn't. Idk why I did it like that, I just did. So don't hate on me, she's a personal headcanon of mine and as such, will appear in every story of mine, one way or another.

One way/or another~ Sorry, that song gets stuck in my head every time I hear that phrase XD

Thanks for reading! *Chibi Izuku, Jodi, and Katsuki bowing*