Father Christmas!

Back to Peter's POV!

"Marry Christmas sir!" Lucy greeted, as Layla joined us.

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived," Father Christmas answered.

"Look," Susan spoke up, "I've been putting up a lot of this since we got here."

"We thought you were the Witch," I added.

"Yes, yes, well sorry about that. In my defense, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch," he replied.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia," Susan asked.

"No, not for a long time. But with the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is finally starting the weaken the Witch's power. I dare say you could do with some of these," he reaches into his sleigh and pulls out a huge bag, plopping it into the ground.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaimed going up to him.

Father Christmas chuckled and reached into the bag taking out two items.

"The juice of the fire flower, one drop will cure any injury," he hands a small vital over to her.

He handed her a small dagger. "And though I hope you'll never have to use it. Battles are ugly affairs."

"Thank you, but I think I could be strong enough," she responded taking the items.

He took out a bow and it's arrows. "Susan," he called. "Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss,"

"What happened to 'battles are ugly affairs'?" She asked as she took the weapons.

He chuckled. "You don't seem to have a problem with making yourself heard. Blow on this and wherever you are help will come." He handed her a ram's horn with a lion's head carved in it.

"Peter, time to use these is near at hand," he handed me a sword with a lion's head on it and a shield with the drawing of a lion painted on it.

I drew sword out of its sheath and looked at it. It was magnificent!

"Thank you, sir."

"Now, Layla, I kept your weapons safe for you as Aslan had ordered." Father Christmas addressed her. "They've even been upgraded to be stronger in battle."

He handed her a hand brace loaded with small arrows and a button activated grappling hook. Next was a black and blue bow.

"This bow and arrows can now fully work with your earth-bending powers."

Wait, first she can turn invisible and now she has earth-bending powers?  I caught my sisters looking at me. Their smirks were plastered on their faces.

Layla quickly strapped the weapons on.

"These are tools not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now I must be off," he tossed his bag into the back of his sleigh. "Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan."

He got into his sleigh, "and Merry Christmas!"

"Bye!" We all called after him as he drove off.

"Merry Christmas!" Lucy said. She then turned to me and Susan. "Told you he was real."

"He said Christmas was almost over," I looked at them. "You know what that means."

"No more ice!" Layla finished, running over to the lake.

We followed.