Competing⚡️

This one is a continuation of the one shot "Shopping together". I truly recommend you to read that one first to make the story going :)

Brendon's POV (2.6k+ words)

"I'm not gonna do it." Ryan cries out. "Brendon, I'll just embarrass myself in front of the camera."

Ryan's slumped on the couch in the studio, refusing to move a single muscle. Trying his damn best to get away with this, but there's no way he's getting out of this so easily.

Also, everything is already setup. And if we don't start filming now, Jon will get all bitchy. And god knows we don't want that, not after the last time.

"Ryan, c'mon! It'll be fun!" My voice sounds too cheerful. Exactly like a mother trying to convince her son to go to school.

"Bren, this idea is ridiculous. I think-." He stops mid sentence, thinking of a new, decent comeback. "I swear it'd work better as one of those 'Goes wrong' kind of videos. It'll be more accurate."

I chuckle at the mention of those. "Oh god, don't say that, jeez."

No way, never, not in a million years, I'll do something as plain as that. I cringe just at the thought.

"Well, that's exactly what's gonna happen if I put a foot in that kitchen. My compatibility with kitchens is like water and oil together."

"Ryan, please don't throw a dramatic fit right now, please." Spencer pleads when he walks in the studio after hearing Ryan complaints. "Just do it, no big deal, I'll be there too."

"See! Listen to him!" I vigorously gesture to Spencer, who just took a sit on the couch, pulling Ryan's legs on top of his lap. "Pretty please?" I make puppy eyes at him when he glances over.

"Brendon, you don't get me." Ryan tries to explain, throwing is hands in the air. "Look, I want to do it, but I don't know anything about baking! I'll just make a fool of myself."

I laugh at his excuse, this boy clearly doesn't pay attention to what I say. Or, he simply decides to ignore it, which seems like the best reason.

"Spencer?" Of course he already knows what we're doing today, he's apart of this too, so when he looks at me, he has a knowing grin on his face. "Who'll tell him?"

Spencer mouths 'you', and Ryan just lays there confused. "Can someone please tell me, what is going on?"

"Ry, I have very good news for you! You won't need your nonexistent baking skills for today's video!"

"Come again?" Ryan's expression stays as a puzzled one, clearly lost.

"I didn't say you'd bake something, you dumb dumb. Today we're filming a decorating cakes competition, not baking!" I note, getting on my feet and walking towards the couch. "So now, I'm asking again. Would you be so awesome as you always are, and join Spencer and I in this incredible video?"

Ryan's eyes still looked a bit confused, but a wave of relief washed it away. Now more confident, he points out, "I swear you didn't tell me that."

"I did!" I cry out and ask for backups. "Jon was there. Right Jon?!"

"Don't get me into this Brendon!" Jon answers while he fixes the lights in the studio, getting everything ready. "But, yeah, he actually did told you Ryan."

"No, you did not."

"I did." Emphasis in did. "But you chose to not listen to me."