32: Lavender

Lavender is the color that relates to spring, the season filled with many celebrations and festivals.

_________________________________________________________________________

Today is the Vernal Festival. I know almost everyone is excited—ecstatic even—but not me. I wake up today with butterflies already partying in my stomach like it's some sort of a greenhouse. I blame that egotistic b—... witch, I mean egotistic witch for this. As soon as I opened my eyes, I feel half excited, half terrified. Today is the day we will see who is the "truer" ARMY between the two of us and I don't plan on losing. Her defeat will be the cause of my euphoria and it won't be just serendipity either.

I prepare myself to set off way earlier than usual. It is because Jay, Aiben and Clouie want Ada and me to accompany them while they experience their first Korean school festival. They already planned to see the plays, which will all end by noon, and then set up for the Random Play Dance immediately right after.

I grab my things and I'm about to exit my room when I suddenly remember something I almost forgot.

"My Section Silver-Gray uniform!" I hurry back inside and grab my uniform hanging in my closet.

By the way, if you are asking me if BTS and I are still communicating, then the answer is yes. We are sending each other stickers and short messages every now and then; no serious stuff. However, we were not able to communicate with each other since Monday. I guess both of us were busy in the last few days. I don't mind though; I know they will contact me again in their free time.

I neatly fold the uniform that contains all my memories with BTS and place it gently inside my bag. After securing my uniform, I descend to the dining area where my mom has already set up my meal for me.

"You are quite early today," my mom notices.

"My friends want me and Ada to accompany them around the campus. It's their first festival since transferring in," I state.

"Well, I'm just glad you are having fun with your friends," my mom trails off.

I finish eating my breakfast while talking to mom. I brush my teeth, kiss my mom goodbye and head off to school. I decided to take a walk now since it's still cool and the cherry blossom trees along the road are blooming. Cherry blossoms are the one of the reasons why I like spring after all.

When I reach the university's main entrance, I can already see Jay and Aiben waiting for us outside the main gate.

"Hi, Aiben. Hi, Jay. Both of you are early today," I wave as I get closer.

"Oh, yes. I'm super excited for today!" Aiben is very energetic today. Her body literally shaking with excitement.

"As much as I am excited, I am nervous too. I couldn't sleep well last night because I'm worried about the K-Pop Random Dance Challenge," Jay immediately yawns as soon as he finished his sentence.

"Don't worry too much. Today is a beautiful day. Everything will be fine," I pat Jay's shoulders.

"How about you, Hana? Isn't your contest tonight? Are you ready?" Aiben asks me.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I hope," I answer with a nervous chuckle.

"Nah, I promise you she will be fine." Ada suddenly voices out from my back.

I jump out of shock, "Ada! You scared me."

"What are talking about? I'm here the whole time!" she dismisses. "Is Clouie not here yet?"