Chapter 1| Moving An Hour Away.

I do not own the outsiders, the book is owned by S.E Hinton which is how I'm mainly basing this story off of.∆

I watch with dull eyes as my uncle Teddy and a few unknown faces help bring two coffins down an aisle and to a pile of dirt ready for them to be placed into and forgotten. 

These two coffins happen to be none other than my mom and dad. Our house had caught on fire in the middle of the night and they, unfortunately, didn't get out. I on the other hand did. Only I left that house defeated and covered in second and first-degree burns.

Now I am here, days later and still standing with a tear-stained face as I stare into a six feet deep hole.

As the ceremony ends and everyone is starting to leave the sky begins to rain down on me like a cheesy cliche movie scene. Though I guess it's fitting.

While on my way out I notice my aunt, Mary, not so far away from me, she's my mother's sister and I can only imagine she feels the same pain as me. After all, she was the one who came and got me from the hospital, they told her everything, and she cried. That's something most can't say about their aunts.

"(Y/n).." Her once silky and smooth voice is raspy from crying and her red usually curled locks are straight and messed up from the lack of sleep. I wish I could say that was all, but it would be a lie, her face also look ten times older than she is.

Without thinking, I hug her as tears spill from both our eyes. We both miss her. "I just miss them so much.." I mumble without daring to let go, after days without a person to hug or talk too, I needed this.

She runs her pale fingers through my (h/c) hair and hums. "I know... I miss them too.."

She takes my scarred hand and guides me to her car, a blue mustang. My dad's favorite kind of car, he always wished to ride in one...

I feel tears start to spill from my eyes as I think about my parents and all their dreams. My dad wished to run a DX, while my mom wished to write for big movie companies. They had dreams, big dreams, sadly those dreams have come to an end as all dreams do...

We drive past my old home, which is now charred and broken down from the fire. Immediately I know where we are going, Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's where my aunt lives with her husband and my cousin Sherri, but she likes to be called Cherry because of her red locks of hair.

I sigh and lean my head on the side of the door as the wind blows my hair back wildly. It felt weird to ride in an expensive car like this one and not a run down one like my parents had.

Eventually, we pass a sign, welcoming us to my new home.  As we drive I take notice of this boy, maybe a year or two younger than me watching as the both of us pass by with saddened expressions, he's with a few other boys, and I notice him get smacked in the head by one of them as I turn the corner into the west side.

My aunt parks the car and helps me out. Telling me to head inside and that she'll take care of my luggage. I just nod and hurry inside, where my uncle Sean and cousin Cherry are sitting in wait.

"(Y/n)!" Cherry hurries and grabs me into a hug like we haven't heard from each other in ages when in reality we last saw each other last week for my birthday.

As we pull apart I take notice of her features, not much has changed in a week except she looks more tired, she must also be having trouble with sleeping. Besides that, her hair is still full of volume and her skin is still clear and bright like the sky.

I wish I could say the same to me. I didn't need someone to describe how I look, I know how I look. My hair is messed up and dirty, my clothes are stained and wrinkled, and my skin is covered in burn scars. I'm no longer the beautiful girl I use to be, but instead what people would call a lucky burn victim.

You may be wondering, lucky? How are you lucky? Well, the burns only reached my neck and arms, not anywhere else, so by other standards, I'm luckier than most. Even if I feel like the most unlucky girl alive.

"Come on, let me show you your room!" Cherry drags me up some stairs and down a hall, all the way to a door that has been freshly painted white.

"Here, we didn't know how you'd like your room so we painted it white. We can buy paint for it tomorrow if you want." Cherry offers, giving me a thin smile. She understands what I'm going through, even if she doesn't really understand it.

"Thanks, that would be nice," I mumble, I didn't feel like talking to people, never less my cousin or not. I think she picked up on that because almost immediately, after I replied she nodded and walked off, mentioning that I know where her room is and can come to get her if I need it.

With a quick inhale I open my new room and look inside, Cherry did not lie, they did paint my room head to toe in white paint. An empty canvas for an empty inside person.

The only stuff there is a bed, a bed frame, a window, a desk, and a walk-in closet. Pretty soon my stuff from Oklahoma City will be here, and I'll have a room that looks like mine, and not a blank sheet.

But that won't be for another few days, so until then. I'm stuck with this.