for you

prompt: bruno's birthday

status: abandoned

⋯⋆

"amore, i know you can't help it, but five stray cats is one too many already."

───────────────

"Then just ditch the blonde brat. He survived on his own just fine."

───────────────

"you're making me ditch / my children / in favor of / your cats /?" there's a tone of exasperation to his voice as if they'd had this conversation a hundred times. "you know i can't do that - " bruno crosses his arms, already defensive as he points out, " - and just because he survived then doesn't mean i should just leave him to his own devices when i have the means to help."

───────────────

"I can't let them be stranded out there. People are so cruel to strays now. They'll shoot at them if they got the chance. They don't bother anyone." He wasn't letting his cats go either. It wouldn't sit right to leave them out on the streets again. They might not last more than a month out there.

───────────────

a purse of his lips and an inevitable sigh; he thinks he might be sporting a migraine. that's when he feels something brush against his leg; a purring cat already staring up at him as if pleading not to persuade abbacchio with throwing any more out. it was - should bruno guess correctly - abbacchio's favorite out of the five.

was this gonna be cost-efficient? no.

would it help abbacchio in the long run? yes.

should bruno let him keep the cats? maybe.

"five cats. that's it." he bites the inside of his cheek before releasing a pent up sigh, "if you take in more, we'll have to take them down to the animal shelter."

───────────────

Well, at least that's all. A limit is given so it wasn't too bad. He got to keep his cats which he'd already grown attached to. Only thing now was teaching the big one to stop chasing after the Sex Pistols with each chance it got.

"Regardless of that, you looking forward to our little dinner, mio amore? It's for your birthday so I expect you to enjoy yourself and leave work for a little bit. The reservations are for 8 so we'll have to leave here about 15 minutes before hand." To say he asked him out wouldn't be the right term. No, he basically threatened him to take his birthday off. He had plans for him. Not saying where, but he had plans to spoil the man.

Already having gotten a German steel fountain pen for him to help with the one giving constant issues during his work. He had a lot to write and sign, so might as well get a reliable tool for the job.

───────────────

"that soon - ?" he'd forgotten about his birthday altogether, and had abbacchio not brought it up it would be another day of surprises that he wouldn't know the occasion for. " - but what about the paperwork?"

he chances a glance behind him as if doing so would manifest him back to his room and he'd be focused on the pile once more. his teeth subconsciously tugs on his bottom lip, catching them out of deep thought before giving abbacchio a pleading look, but the one abbacchio gives him should be enough of a threat that he won't be taking no for an answer - and really, bruno doesn't have a choice, does he?