Check-In

The fuck was that about?! You thought as you rushed past students, sprinting and tripping your way towards the dorm rooms. You barged in and jumped onto your bed before screaming into a pillow, then sitting up and covering your steaming hot face with your hands. "Why the fuck do I still have butterflies?! He's your professor for fucks sake, Y/N." you said aloud, thankful that you had a private bedroom for yourself.

Maybe a shower will help? You quickly undressed and jumped into the shower, as though frantically scrubbing your body would take away the mixed emotions. You gave up trying to wash away the feelings and pondered instead. Maybe the stupid crush you had in your third year hadn't gone away, even after four years. But then again, he was acting weird. like, weird weird. Maybe it was just a test to see how you would react? Maybe- For fucks sake, no professor is supposed to whisper seductively into a student's ear, Y/N. But, why did his closeness feel kind of... nice? You sighed and rinsed off, not being able to find an answer to your many questions.

You awoke the next morning, practically starving. Oh yeah, I ended up skipping dinner. Great. You ran a hand through your hair and sighed, being reminded of yesterday's... events. After getting dressed, you jogged to the Great Hall and were immediately hit with the mouth-watering aroma of breakfast foods. Thankfully, the cafeteria was some-what empty, with a few students littered around here and there. You assumed the rest of them were asleep, seeing as it was quite early, or at Hogsmeade. You were glad it was semi-deserted, so you wouldn't be bothered with the task of being talked over while some shameless boy who would very obviously flirt with you, all the while sneaking glances to his friends and sending exaggerated winks to them, as though you had fallen into their trap. You rolled your eyes at the thought of that and sat down, grabbing a book from your small rucksack, and ate.

After finishing up, you left the Great Hall and headed outside, wanting to distract yourself from the incident between you and Professor Snape. You shook your head at the thought of that and began your journey to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

You picked a spot and sat down on the grassy meadow, and took some photos of flowers, scenery, and yourself, before grabbing your journal and writing down the thoughts that were latched onto you. You laid down on the grass, backpack under your head, letting the sun engulf you. You smiled and nearly dozed off before feeling something obstruct the warmth and light of the sun on you.

Frowning, you spoke, "Excuse me, there is a human being here. Can you please move?" After not hearing or seeing any movement, you peeked one eye open and propped yourself up by your elbows. " Hello? Can you not fu-" you stopped after realizing who it was that was towering over you. He smirked at you as you scrambled to sit up, rubbing your eyes. "I am so sorry Professor Snape, I- oh god, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I didn't see you there and thought it was another kid bu-" he silenced your rambling by raising his hand.

"I came to make sure you weren't dead."

"Oh. Uhm, Thanks?"

"No worries," he said as he looked straight into my eyes, and I squirmed around, a little uncomfortable under his gaze, but also turned on.

Turned on. Turned on? Turned on?! What the fuck Y/N?! Girl, are you-

you tried to silence your racing thoughts as your face reddened, knowing he had full access to your head and you couldn't do much.

He had a faint smirk before he covered it up by clearing his throat and uncrossing his arms. "Here. I came to give this to you," he handed you a leaflet. "This is a schedule I created,"

"I need to talk to-" you began.

"I have already done the most and have spoken with your Professors, so they understand your circumstances."

"Than-"

"I pray that you will read through the schedule and be on top of everything, so you don't let me down."

You sighed. "Yes, of course, Professor. I'll read through it, and thank you. I mean it." you looked at him through your lashes and sent him a grateful smile, and he immediately turned around.

"No, uh, worries... L/N." he scratched the back of his neck, and you noticed his ears were now red.

"Professor, are you alrig-"

"I will be off now, L/N. I expect to see you on Monday." he began making his way over to the castle, robes billowing behind him before you called out.

"Professor!" you scrambled to get up, before slinging your rucksack over your shoulder, brushing off grass from your butt and jogging over to the tall figure who abruptly stopped. "Let's walk back together." You said with a nervous smile, not sure why you were doing this. He looked at you briefly, as though he was wondering the same thing you were, and hesitantly nodded before sighing, the pair walking off in silence.