Lewis Hamilton | 43

"no please don't do that!"

Warning: addiction to alcohol, aggressiveness

After quitting his F1 racing career, your husband Lewis fell into a deep hole. He wasn't the happy man anymore. Lewis started to drink. First only a beer at night but soon he couldn't control it anymore. He knew he needed help but he didn't want to hear that. You really got afraid sometimes when you already slept in the bed and he came into the room, drunk and smelling like he fell into a sea filled with Wodka. Your heart started beating every night when he lay next to you. While you wanted to sleep, he wanted your attention. On the next day he got up late, caused by he morning depression and the headache. It was the same thing every day. But this time it should get worse.

You came home from work and the first thing you saw was you husband watching Tv while drinking pure Wodka out of the bottle. You said 'Hey, I'm back from work' and wanted to ask him to put the bottle away. He just responded with mumbling words. 'Heey (Y/N), shlll weea dringgkk anotha boottle?' He was drunk like you had never seen before. He just took another sip. You got angry and walked towards him, trying to grab the bottle. He jumped up and hit your arm pretty hard and pushed you away while screaming 'leave me alone! I don't need you in my life!' He grabbed his bottle like he wanted to throw it towards you. You were afraid and started to panic. 'No, please don't do that!' That was too much for you. You ran towards the sleeping room and grabbed the first clothes you could find, then running out of the apartment and driving to you parents, who lived 10 minutes away. You told them what has happened and they encouraged you to stay with them and trying to find help for Lewis. The next day you had a message on your phone.

Lewis:
"I'm so sorry. That shouldn't have happened. I was aggressive and hurted you, I hit you. I can't tell you how sorry I am. I've lost control and I'll search for help. I am addicted to alcohol and this cannot continue the way it does."

You were thankful for that message. He finally understood that he was addicted to alcohol. But you won't come back until he learned from that and chanced. You were too afraid it would happen again. Lewis wrote you a few times the next weeks. He had started a therapy and didn't drink for 3 weeks. It was a first step into the right direction. But it takes a lot of time to trust again.

Requested by: hooman_0