III

Hearing a stick broke behind me as someone had stepped on it, i swiftly turned while pulling out my stick. It extanded from three inches to five foot and its tip lands on a palm of a familiar figure. My eyes widened at the familiar pink head but i didn't pull away, surprised that he isn't affected by the electric shocks my stick is giving out.

My father, Yuta, gave it to me when i started school and had always have it strapped to my thigh. It's suppose to send electric current to those who comes in contact with it. That's why Yuta had given it to me in a casing.

I had once asked why i didn't get electrocuted but he only answered that it belongs to me and it doesn't electrocute its owners. But, i'm sure that that isn't its only reason.

The pink head stared at me with those sad orange eyes of his. He then began to pull onto my stick, pulling me towards him until he lets go and hugged me. It got me taken aback.

"Glad to see you again, my Injunnie" i tensed, my stick dropping onto the grass.

"H-how do you know my name?"

He hugged me tighter before pulling away. With one last look of his saddened eyes, he dashed off with his supposedly super speed. I stood still in my position, processing what just happened.

From that day on, somehow, my encounters with him became more frequent that i think it isn't a coincidence. One time, i had somehow tripped over my own shoe and he was there to save me, saying that i should be careful and whatnot before walking off.

Not that i find annoying or anything— okay, kind of— but i feel as though he wants to tell me something but doesn't know how.

"Hey Jun, something going on between you and the pink head? Y'all seem to be bumping into each other a lot lately" Lucas nudged me as he leaned against his locker which was placed next to mine, eyeing the group of night class students passing by.

I closed my locker and turned, soon meeting eyes with the pink head. We stared at one other, maintaining eye contact until his group turns a corner. I should go talk to Sicheng about him.

"Yeah, i feel like he's purposely doing it. He wanna pick a fight or something?" Yangyang shut his locker and began rolling up his sleeves. Lucas chuckled and calmed him down.

"Maybe he just wants to tell you something" i rolled my eyes.

"I figured so. Thing is, he could have just told me directly instead of doing whatever he's trying to do" Yangyang nodded in agreement. "It's fine. I'm talking to Sicheng about him anyways"

"The principal's not around?" Lucas questions while we walk to our class.

"Don't you guys know? Yuta left to handle something in the city"

🍂

I lightly knock onto a door labelled 'Principal's Office'. A small 'come in' was heard and i took that as my queue to enter the room. I swing the door open and close it behind me once inside. Sicheng smiled at my arrival and i went over to him, greeting him with a tight hug.

"What brings you here sweetheart?" we pull away and i went to sit on the chair in front of his desk.

"You're saying like i don't come and visit you everyday. Don't you miss your only son?" i place a fist on my chest, acting like i'm hurt. He mimicked my action and i pouted. He chuckled.

"I do miss my only sweetheart but you don't usually come here during your breaks. Is there anything wrong?" Sicheng asked, worry now evident on his face.

"May i know who Park Jisung is?" his face fell before breaking out into a small smile. I slightly frown at that.

"He's the youngest son of an aristocratic family well known in the vampire world" he started and i only nod, already knowing that. "He came back to join his brothers and resume his studies"

"Is that it? What about the rumours going around school about him disappearing from school for seven years because of family matters? Is that true?" He gave me a pity look. But i know that he knows. It's like he wants to tell me but can't, and i hate that.

It's not like i have anyone to tell to

He heaves out a sigh and nodded. I frown. "Why come back after so long?"

Sicheng didn't respond and just gave me a smile. "He's searching for someone" i felt my heart skip a beat at that for some unknown reason.

"W-who?"

"That, i'm in no place to say"

🍂

I walked on the stone path, admiring the night sky. Yangyang had offered to accompany me but i declined seeing his tired eyes. My head was filled with him and the dream so i ended up here, the school garden. I walked towards the beautiful water fountain and began staring at it.

Who are you searching for?

"Humans shouldn't be out here alone. It's dangerous" i jolted and turned to the owner of the voice.

"J-jisung?" My heart began beating rapidly as he starts walking towards me. I must say, he looks stunning as the wind goes through his hair, lightly messing it.

So serene

I unknowingly took a step back and he stopped in his tracks, a look of hurt evident on his face, again. I feel as though i've hurt this man big time. "You're afraid of me... aren't you?" i shake my head. "Your heart rate tells me otherwise" i place a fist on my chest, what he said being true.

"W-who are you looking for?" i blurted. He then began taking more steps towards me and i did the opposite. Taking one more step, i tripped on my own shoe and shut my eyes, waiting to meet the ground. I flutter my eyes open when i didn't and quickly looked away after a few seconds of meeting eyes with Jisung.

"You" i meet his eyes again with a confused look and he helped me regain my posture.

"W-why?"

"You'll know it soon enough Injunnie" he lets out a small but sweet smile and that got my heart to skip a beat. I returned the gesture.

As i was about to continue asking questions, a yell interrupted us. "Yo Sung, lets go already" i saw him roll his eyes at that. I peeked behind him to see his clique of night class students.

"You should head back, it's really dangerous out here and i don't want you to get hurt" he was about to leave but i held on his shirt. He turned back and smiled. "Ill meet you here again tomorrow, my Injunnie"