In.Perfection: An Unfitting Hand

"Alright, so this next one's Jonathan

"Alright, so this next one's Jonathan... Oh I know Jonathan! He's the artist-slash-model, he's cute. I didn't know he liked you."

"He does! So then the issue was whether I'd hang out with Harley or with Jonathan. We could have hung out together but both wanted me to themselves, and I can't blame them!"

"Gosh how can you keep track of so many suitors? You should just stick with one like me."

"Well you know the saying, 'Plenty of fish in the sea,' Gonna catch them all and taste every one of 'em!"

"Is that what the saying means?"

On a late afternoon at the Institute of Perfection, the Spy Girls: Kitty, Lydia, and Tuesday were sitting on the raised benches along the path, where other dolls were passing by, whether to finish their remaining classes, to meet with friends, or just ditch. The Spy Girls were in the third category; they managed to get away with it more often, for one reason or another.

Lydia was gossiping to Tuesday about her current romances; she was such a socialite, so open to other dolls, if not for Lou being in charge she'd have the whole Institute at her feet. Instead she just had a growing group of dolls trying to woo her for undivided attention.

While they were chatting, Kitty was sitting next to them, looking the other way, lost in thought, about a girl... About Mandy.

Kitty was pretty responsible about leaving her heart at home. Her utmost priority, as any doll, was to graduate from the Institute and be paired with her kid. She handled all her courses with ease, most preferably the obstacle course- she and her Spy sisters were the best at it. Other classes were her second-favorites if Mandy was in them, but even Kitty knew to control herself around her.

Mandy was also very devoted to her courses, maybe even more so because of her myopia, which she had to keep under wraps from everyone. All three of the Spies knew that she wore her glasses during her free time; that was the one bit of confidence between them all, and it was far more than they would do for other dolls. So with her devotion, Mandy wasn't ever the first to chum around with other classmates, lest she catch negative attention from the staff-bots and soon from Lou.

Kitty most often found this as a chance to be beside her when they happened to have classes together, and stare at her for as long as she could with contentment. Mandy wouldn't have noticed, being so focused on the lessons, and this was exactly how Kitty wanted it.

However, her heart snuck out of the house this time, and made Kitty a lovesick doll by the end of the day. On this day, Mandy was in ALL of her classes up until this last one. And for one reason or another, Mandy took initiative to talk with Kitty! Kitty deep down was caught off-guard by her sudden friendliness, but on the outside she mirrored the mood as if it were a natural occurrence.

 And for one reason or another, Mandy took initiative to talk with Kitty! Kitty deep down was caught off-guard by her sudden friendliness, but on the outside she mirrored the mood as if it were a natural occurrence